We have some of the most skilled knitters and crocheters in the world posting patterns and techniques like you've never seen before. And some of them only post on our website and nowhere else, so you won't find these patterns anywhere else no matter how much time you spend searching! So keep reading.
Unlike other websites, we don't try to pitch specific brands of hooks or needles, yarn, or paid tutorials, while collecting sales commission.
Instead, we have other people, who are great knitters and crocheters, share with you what they know about knitting and crochet. What accessories they use, which yarn is the best for which type of project, which techniques work and which don't.
It's all completely unbiased. Our users simply have no reason to lie to you. They are people just like you.
And we provide a free platform for you and them to communicate. So you get to discover this information straight from the source, from people just like you, not from editors of some magazine or sales reps of some company.
This is what makes us different from other knitting and crochet websites out there that try to sell you something while claiming they are trying to help you.
If you are a beginner, intermediate, advanced, or a professional knitter or crocheter, then the benefits of signing up for our free weekly knitting/crochet e-mail newsletter are:
• We cover hand knitting, machine knitting, and crochet.
• Each week you'll be receiving new tips and techniques.
• Daily, you'll be receiving a knitting/crochet forum digest with the latest pictures, discussions and patterns.
• If you ever have a question or need help, you can always ask, and we'll cover your question in the following newsletter issue.
• Discover the fastest way to knit (and to crochet) a sock... while keeping the perfect heel and making sure the sock fits (not many knitters know this).
• Find out how to figure out how much yarn you need for a pattern if the pattern doesn't specify it (works for any project, a real life-saver sometimes).
• Learn how to pick up a dropped stitch, even from several rows below. It happens to absolutely everyone at some point. But don't worry, there exists a really simple fix.
• And if you ever run out of yarn, find out how to join any yarn in the middle of any project.
• If you can't find the pattern that you need, or if you don't know which pattern would be most appropriate for a specific project, then you can ask our other users to help you figure it out. We even have a dedicated "Pattern Requests" section on our website that's all about finding new patterns.
• The same goes for any problems and questions about specific techniques. We have experienced users who are always helping those in need with just the right advice.
Note to crocheters: We cover both knitting and crochet on our website. The name Knitting Paradise is just a matter of history of how this website was started. These days, close to 50% of content on our forum is about crochet. So it doesn't matter if you primarily knit or crochet (or if you only crochet), you'll still find just as many patterns, tips, and tutorials that are relevant to your specific interests.
• And of course, as I said it's all completely FREE!
• Let me repeat that. Since for some reason a lot of people contact us asking if the membership is really free: we are a social website for knitters and crocheters, so we don't sell anything, and we don't charge any fees. It's as simple as that.
Here is how to proceed and what to expect:
Enter your name and e-mail address below, and you'll be instantly added to our knitting and crochet mailing list distribution. You'll receive a one-time confirmation e-mail. Right after that, the first e-mail with today's digest will be forwarded to you. The signup process is completely automated, so you are just a few minutes away from discovering what our existing users already received earlier today. So you'll get up to speed right away on what's the latest on our website, without any long introductions or other delays.
Going forward, the next digest will be released in just a few hours. So if you don't sign up now, you'll also miss everything covered in it too.