Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
Cedar Cove's pilot aired last night!
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 next>>
Jul 21, 2013 16:03:32   #
Florida Faye
 
I really enjoyed the Cedar cove program last night. I found that after reading the 13+ books quite some time ago, I had forgotten quite a bit. Andie Macdowell is really beautiful and although I always envisioned Olivia as blond, Andie captured Olivia's personality. It will be interesting to see which characters come on board next week. Movies are never as good as a book, but the program was enjoyable.

What did y'all think?
 
Jul 21, 2013 16:11:37   #
Fran42
 
I so wanted to see the movie too but I don't have the Hallmark channel here. Darn! I read all the Cedar Cove books also.
Jul 21, 2013 16:15:06   #
laurelarts (a regular here)
 
I loved it. I have had the pleasure of meeting Andie and her daughter in person and they have a home near mine. She captured Olivia perfectly!!!!
Jul 21, 2013 16:39:06   #
Dreamweaver (a regular here)
 
big fan of Andie Macdowell but not familiar with the books... I am assuming this was on Hallmark... I'll have to do a search as a certain male in the house ALWAYS has control of the remote and does not ask for input....
Jul 21, 2013 17:39:29   #
Maryannee
 
I so wish I had the Hallmark channel. I love Deb MacCombers books. Especially the Cedar Cove Series. I envy you the chance to see her books come alive.
Jul 21, 2013 18:02:24   #
Colorado knits
 
Dreamweaver wrote:
big fan of Andie Macdowell but not familiar with the books... I am assuming this was on Hallmark... I'll have to do a search as a certain male in the house ALWAYS has control of the remote and does not ask for input....


And that is why we seldom watch TV in the same room.

We have Hallmark but I did not watch the show.
 
Jul 21, 2013 18:07:08   #
knitwitconnie
 
Colorado knits wrote:
And that is why we seldom watch TV in the same room.

We have Hallmark but I did not watch the show.




Whenever I'm asked at a bridal shower what piece of marriage advice I give, I usually say, "Two television sets and separate remotes whenever possible!" It saved my marriage. My husband is a sports NUT and I love chick flicks and Hallmark and news/commentary so we usually don't watch the same TV ! But we do other things together even after 43 years! And he supports my knitting, so we get along great!! LOL

I am watching the Cedar Cove pilot today (about half done) as I taped it. I think the characters were quite true to character so far. Debbie Macomber is a great author and nice to see the cove come to life. Oregon is awesome! I've been near that area and it is amazing.
Jul 21, 2013 19:51:38   #
Dreamweaver (a regular here)
 
Can anyone give me the actual name of the program? I'm trying to see if it is "On Demand" or, if it is a series, the name so I can set up TV to tape.
Jul 21, 2013 19:58:38   #
hansonsj
 
knitwitconnie wrote:
Whenever I'm asked at a bridal shower what piece of marriage advice I give, I usually say, "Two television sets and separate remotes whenever possible!" It saved my marriage. My husband is a sports NUT and I love chick flicks and Hallmark and news/commentary so we usually don't watch the same TV ! But we do other things together even after 43 years! And he supports my knitting, so we get along great!! LOL

I am watching the Cedar Cove pilot today (about half done) as I taped it. I think the characters were quite true to character so far. Debbie Macomber is a great author and nice to see the cove come to life. Oregon is awesome! I've been near that area and it is amazing.
Whenever I'm asked at a bridal shower what piece o... (show quote)


Oregon is awesome, but the movie is set in Washington--also awesome--and filmed in Vancouver Canada.
Jul 21, 2013 23:08:06   #
EileenC
 
I am so excited, I was just scrolling through the tv listing and found out that Cedar Cove is just starting (9:00 pm). We don't have the Hallmark channel so I didn't think we would get it. It is being pvr'd as we speak as I want to watch it when I am alone with a cup of hot tea and a project in my hands.
Dreamweaver, it is just called Cedar Grove and is on regular tv not pay on demand.
Jul 22, 2013 07:00:24   #
jemima
 
I am so hoping that Cedar Grove comes to the Uk
 
Jul 22, 2013 11:59:55   #
words1377
 
Thank you I justed did a search and found it as well. I missed last week but am recording the next one.
Jul 22, 2013 12:50:16   #
DorothyW
 
Florida Faye wrote:
I really enjoyed the Cedar cove program last night. I found that after reading the 13+ books quite some time ago, I had forgotten quite a bit. Andie Macdowell is really beautiful and although I always envisioned Olivia as blond, Andie captured Olivia's personality. It will be interesting to see which characters come on board next week. Movies are never as good as a book, but the program was enjoyable.

What did y'all think?


I agree. I have my PVR all set for the seres.
Jul 22, 2013 13:40:31   #
Sugar and Spice's Mom
 
Dreamweaver, it's called Cedar Cove (not Grove) and during the commercials they kept referring to it as Debbie Mccombers Cedar Cove. It's on the Hallmark channel. I've not read any of the books, but I really enjoyed the show. I'll be watching it every week. Sugar and Spice's Mom.
EileenC wrote:

Dreamweaver, it is just called Cedar Grove and is on regular tv not pay on demand.
Jul 22, 2013 14:48:49   #
cindybar
 
I sure didn't realize this was a pilot with series to follow. If so, I'll watch the series.
Page: 1 2 next>>
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.