Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Search | Login | Register | Help
Why Would You Ever Want to Pay For Knitting and Crochet Patterns or Lessons When You Can Get All That for Free?
Read this:
 

If you are a beginner, intermediate, advanced, or a professional knitter, then the benefits of signing up for our free weekly knitting e-mail newsletter are:

• We cover hand knitting, machine knitting, and crochet.

• Each week you'll be receiving new tips and techniques.

• Daily, you'll be receiving a knitting message board digest with the latest knitting pictures, discussions and patterns.

• If you ever have a question or need help, you can always ask, and we'll cover your question in the following newsletter issue.

• Discover the fastest way to knit (and to crochet) a sock... while keeping the perfect heel and making sure the sock fits (not many knitters know this).

• Find out how to figure out how much yarn you need for a pattern if the pattern doesn't specify it (works for any project, a real life-saver sometimes).

• Learn how to pick up a dropped stitch, even from several rows below. It happens to absolutely everyone at some point. But don't worry, there exists a really simple fix.

• And if you ever run out of yarn, find out how to join any yarn in the middle of any project.

• If you can't find the pattern that you need, or if you don't know which pattern would be most appropriate for a specific project, then you can ask our other users to help you figure it out. We even have a dedicated "Pattern Requests" section on our website that's all about finding new patterns.

• The same goes for any problems and questions about specific techniques. We have experienced users who are always helping those in need with just the right advice.

• And of course, as I said it's all completely FREE!

• Let me repeat that. Since for some reason a lot of people contact us asking if the membership is really free: we are a social website for knitters and crocheters, so we don't sell anything, and we don't charge any fees. It's as simple as that.

Enter your name and e-mail address below, and you'll be instantly added to our knitting mailing list distribution. Right away, you'll get access to more knitting-related material (pictures, patterns, tips) than contained in all knitting books and magazines you could ever buy. And you'll get all that for free.

You'll be able to talk and share ideas with more knitters than you could meet if you attended all the largest trade shows. And you'll be able to do all that without leaving your house!

Don't delay! Join the best knitting and crochet community on the Internet.

First name:

E-mail address:

It's FREE, and you'll receive my first e-mail right away. Also, you'll get instant access to the most recent topics on our knitting forum: hundreds of great tips from other knitters.

(A new newsletter issue is released each week. So if you don't sign up now, you'll miss this week's digest.)

 
Loom Knitting
flat panel knitting
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Jan 25, 2014 14:29:17   #
Sharpdrop
 
My daughter bought me a Boye Scarf loom and the directions for the flat panel knit are awful! could someone please explain e-wrap cast on and flat panel knitting?
 
Jan 25, 2014 14:35:29   #
babsbarb (a regular here)
 
I can't help you, but have you looked for a video on it? Videos are quite helpful, as you can work along with them and stop and start when needed.
Lots of luck!!
Jan 25, 2014 14:35:37   #
Buttons
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBXVjQa0RTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmSKAgGtVJw
Jan 25, 2014 16:52:35   #
Sharpdrop
 
Thanks to both of you! I had searched but hadn't found amythimg as useful as those two videos!
Jan 25, 2014 20:09:00   #
Buttons
 
You are so welcome Sharpdrop. All you have to do is go to you tube and then type in Loom knitting and look through the different videos or if its one particular item, then type that in and several will come up. I hope that helps also.
Jan 25, 2014 20:10:32   #
Moon Loomer
 
Sharpdrop wrote:
My daughter bought me a Boye Scarf loom and the directions for the flat panel knit are awful! could someone please explain e-wrap cast on and flat panel knitting?


Try this YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjWhA1YxoKY t . This is by Isla Philips, and she is a very good presenter and instructor in loom knitting. Her book, "Loom Knitting Premier" is one you will go back to for ever, finding something new and interesting. Another basic book that will carry you far, is by Kathy Norris, "I Can't Belive I'm Loom Knitting". Do the afghan of 12 stitches, it is a skill builder or take a few to all of the "twelve" for a sampler scarf. My best aid to even wrapping tension is "drinking straws". I cut them to half length then find the right "flavor" for the best tension. Insert the yarn in at the end of the straw that you cut. It will allow a smother exit for the yarn. I have used the straws for Payton's Lace through two strands of roving (6 wt) and a lot in between. Welcome to loom knitting. Moon Loomer
 
Jan 25, 2014 20:23:36   #
Buttons
 
Moon Loomer wrote:
Try this YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjWhA1YxoKY t . This is by Isla Philips, and she is a very good presenter and instructor in loom knitting. Her book, "Loom Knitting Premier" is one you will go back to for ever, finding something new and interesting. Another basic book that will carry you far, is by Kathy Norris, "I Can't Belive I'm Loom Knitting". Do the afghan of 12 stitches, it is a skill builder or take a few to all of the "twelve" for a sampler scarf. My best aid to even wrapping tension is "drinking straws". I cut them to half length then find the right "flavor" for the best tension. Insert the yarn in at the end of the straw that you cut. It will allow a smother exit for the yarn. I have used the straws for Payton's Lace through two strands of roving (6 wt) and a lot in between. Welcome to loom knitting. Moon Loomer
Try this YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=... (show quote)

I do the same thing as you do with the straws. Ever since I learned, I was getting extra straws from the Eagles Club to use. The best ones I found so far were from Subways. I haven't seen the small straws in the stores. They are too big. I do have the book by Kathy Norris. I would like to get the other book as well.
Jan 25, 2014 21:22:15   #
Moon Loomer
 
buttons wrote:
I do the same thing as you do with the straws. Ever since I learned, I was getting extra straws from the Eagles Club to use. The best ones I found so far were from Subways. I haven't seen the small straws in the stores. They are too big. I do have the book by Kathy Norris. I would like to get the other book as well.


Loom knitters are drinking straw, snobs or connoisseurs? I go for the latter. Ho ho, Moon Loomer
Jan 25, 2014 21:40:06   #
Buttons
 
lol
Apr 29, 2014 11:57:04   #
DickWorrall
 
You may also find this video interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7kEzyQJBiw
Dick
May 9, 2014 09:04:05   #
crafterwantabe (a regular here)
 
Thanks Dick. Very helpful.
 
Jun 14, 2014 19:49:55   #
MKDesigner
 
Here's another you might enjoy. I just got through watching this video on loom knitting a 2 sided scarf in two different colors. Very interesting. Looks quite simple once you get the hang of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXeGIjKKiDw&list=PLD094FD55F8EB9271

Marge
 
          
Loom Knitting
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.