Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures(new!!!) | Search | Login | Register | Help
Swaps, KALs, Periodicals, Group Activities
Knitting Tea Party 7 February '14
This topic is locked to prevent further replies.
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: <<prev 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 99 next>>
Feb 8, 2014 14:31:31   #
Lurker 2 (a regular here)
 
angelam wrote:
Too windy for an umbrella today!


It often is here too! so I have a parka nylon caftan thingy I sewed and a Taslon skirt- that I can use- in the wind, and in winter my jacket goes under as well- I become very bulky but fairly water proof!
 
Feb 8, 2014 14:33:24   #
Lurker 2 (a regular here)
 
Gweniepooh wrote:
I knew that....I'm sorry I wasn't clear....do you use the grains for the bags or the flour? I know it may sound silly but I just wondered if you could use the flour or if it would "puff" out through the fabric?


The ones I have used have all had the grain, not flour!
Feb 8, 2014 14:33:49   #
Gweniepooh (a regular here)
 
Well the most exciting news from the past is that KathleenDoris' DD had her baby boy and is named Freddy. Also, Bonnie and Ray (Railyn's DH) both came through their surgery with flying colors! So great to see good news abounding.
AZ Sticks wrote:
OK Guys and Gals - I am now officially way too far behind!! I lost a day somewhere in the last couple!! I still need to finish up 40 pages from last week and 23 from this week to catch up to real time. I am going to go do some finishing up on my baby sweater first and then I will be back with some pictures - take care - luv-AZ
Feb 8, 2014 14:34:56   #
Gweniepooh (a regular here)
 
WHOOPS!!! I won't be there either....thanks for catching that...make it 2/2:30 PM on Friday Oct. 3rd!!! ROFL
RookieRetiree wrote:
Gwen....don't think you'll get many takers for the 2-2:30 a.m. time slot!! That's a looooong session. Sorry, just had to kid you about that.
Feb 8, 2014 14:39:31   #
Lurker 2 (a regular here)
 
Gweniepooh wrote:
WHOOPS!!! I won't be there either....thanks for catching that...make it 2/2:30 PM on Friday Oct. 3rd!!! ROFL


Saturday 24th of course out here! around 8 in the morning for me but 6 am., for the Aussie contingent- (roughly)
Feb 8, 2014 14:42:43   #
Gweniepooh (a regular here)
 
Well we should be on from the 2/2:30 until leaving for dinner which will be about 7:30 PM reservations. That way there will be a bit later for you in the morning. :) ALSO Sat. the 4th not 24 for you unless you have a new type of DAYLIGHT savings time in mind....LOL....just teasing you....like my blip putting a.m. instead of p.m.......
Lurker 2 wrote:
Saturday 24th of course out here! around 8 in the morning for me but 6 am., for the Aussie contingent- (roughly)
 
Feb 8, 2014 14:43:57   #
Grandmapaula
 
Hi, Gwen - I'll be fine - I think it's just the mid-winter blahs. Tired of the cold and snow - we haven't got as much as Caren, but a lot for this area. Just tired of looking at white - green is so much better. That's why I love Purple's pictures - she's at least 2 months ahead of here. Have to keep hoping!! Oh well, maybe Beth will bring me something dark and red as "pay"(LOL) Love, Paula
Feb 8, 2014 14:46:57   #
Gweniepooh (a regular here)
 
Okay I'm going to go see if I can make up the elmer glue & water mixture to spritz on my squares as RookieRetiree suggested. I know I've got the water....now to search my craft stuff for the glue and a spray bottle.....TTYL
Feb 8, 2014 14:50:55   #
Lurker 2 (a regular here)
 
Gweniepooh wrote:
Well we should be on from the 2/2:30 until leaving for dinner which will be about 7:30 PM reservations. That way there will be a bit later for you in the morning. :) ALSO Sat. the 4th not 24 for you unless you have a new type of DAYLIGHT savings time in mind....LOL....just teasing you....like my blip putting a.m. instead of p.m.......


oooh glad you pointed that out
Feb 8, 2014 15:13:45   #
Bonnie7591 (a regular here)
 
I went back & read what I missed the last 2 days, what a chatty group.

Kate, your baby dress is so cute.

KathleenDoris, the sweatersfor your grandsons are beautiful.

Julie, your Guernsey is going to be a work of art, can't wait to see it done.

Kathy love the tatting, I have to try that someday.

TNS, great photos, SanFrancisco is on my bucket list
Feb 8, 2014 15:20:36   #
thewren (a regular here)
 
goodness - if he was that close he should have called - i would have taken him out for dinner. --- sam

Poledra65 wrote:
Well, I'm all caught up again, so I'm off to hit the sack. David should be home tomorrow, he went through parts of Ohio today, he had to pick up in Toledo after his drop off this am at Tokonsha, MI, he was parked somewhere in Iowa when he called earlier. He said the slipper things fit okay, and were keeping his feet warm, YAY!! I told him to send me a pic of them on his feet so I could post, but I'll probably have to remind him again. Oh well at least they are wearable.
Good night everyone, have a fantastic night.
Hugs
Well, I'm all caught up again, so I'm off to hit t... (show quote)
 
Feb 8, 2014 15:22:49   #
thewren (a regular here)
 
talk about validation of a job well done. --- sam

RookieRetiree wrote:
Absolutely and as we were leaving the restaurant, another little boy shouted - Mom,it's a Minion...I love the Minions--cool hat, man!"
Feb 8, 2014 15:22:53   #
Lurker 2 (a regular here)
 
Bonnie7591 wrote:
I went back & read what I missed the last 2 days, what a chatty group.

Kate, your baby dress is so cute.

KathleenDoris, the sweatersfor your grandsons are beautiful.

Julie, your Guernsey is going to be a work of art, can't wait to see it done.

Kathy love the tatting, I have to try that someday.

TNS, great photos, SanFrancisco is on my bucket list


I have quite a way to go yet, and some design decisions to be made!
Feb 8, 2014 15:25:27   #
Bonnie7591 (a regular here)
 
Gweniepooh wrote:
What kind of fabric is suitable to put in a microwave? I never thought of needing to check!


I made my bags with cotton sheeting & cotton quilting leftovers & have had no problems. Some nylons & synthetics might burn.
Feb 8, 2014 15:27:51   #
Bonnie7591 (a regular here)
 
Gweniepooh wrote:
I knew that....I'm sorry I wasn't clear....do you use the grains for the bags or the flour? I know it may sound silly but I just wondered if you could use the flour or if it would "puff" out through the fabric?


I used grain, I don't think flour would work as it would puff but a friend of mine used both rice & buckwheat to make them.
Page: <<prev 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 99 next>>
Swaps, KALs, Periodicals, Group Activities
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.