Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Search | Login | Register | Help
Why Would You Ever Want to Pay For Knitting and Crochet Patterns or Lessons When You Can Get All That for Free?
Read this:
 

If you are a beginner, intermediate, advanced, or a professional knitter, then the benefits of signing up for our free weekly knitting e-mail newsletter are:

• We cover hand knitting, machine knitting, and crochet.

• Each week you'll be receiving new tips and techniques.

• Daily, you'll be receiving a knitting message board digest with the latest knitting pictures, discussions and patterns.

• If you ever have a question or need help, you can always ask, and we'll cover your question in the following newsletter issue.

• Discover the fastest way to knit (and to crochet) a sock... while keeping the perfect heel and making sure the sock fits (not many knitters know this).

• Find out how to figure out how much yarn you need for a pattern if the pattern doesn't specify it (works for any project, a real life-saver sometimes).

• Learn how to pick up a dropped stitch, even from several rows below. It happens to absolutely everyone at some point. But don't worry, there exists a really simple fix.

• And if you ever run out of yarn, find out how to join any yarn in the middle of any project.

• If you can't find the pattern that you need, or if you don't know which pattern would be most appropriate for a specific project, then you can ask our other users to help you figure it out. We even have a dedicated "Pattern Requests" section on our website that's all about finding new patterns.

• The same goes for any problems and questions about specific techniques. We have experienced users who are always helping those in need with just the right advice.

• And of course, as I said it's all completely FREE!

• Let me repeat that. Since for some reason a lot of people contact us asking if the membership is really free: we are a social website for knitters and crocheters, so we don't sell anything, and we don't charge any fees. It's as simple as that.

Enter your name and e-mail address below, and you'll be instantly added to our knitting mailing list distribution. Right away, you'll get access to more knitting-related material (pictures, patterns, tips) than contained in all knitting books and magazines you could ever buy. And you'll get all that for free.

You'll be able to talk and share ideas with more knitters than you could meet if you attended all the largest trade shows. And you'll be able to do all that without leaving your house!

Don't delay! Join the best knitting and crochet community on the Internet.

First name:

E-mail address:

It's FREE, and you'll receive my first e-mail right away. Also, you'll get instant access to the most recent topics on our knitting forum: hundreds of great tips from other knitters.

(A new newsletter issue is released each week. So if you don't sign up now, you'll miss this week's digest.)

 
Main
Lacy Spiral Scarf
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 next>>
Oct 30, 2011 12:04:10   #
Linda McCaw
 
A few weeks ago someone submitted a photo of a Lacy Spiral Scarf made from a wide yarn with large holes in the yarn. I believe the yarn in the photo was shades of purple. Anyway I have been trying to find such a yarn..no luck. Does any one know the name and brand of such a yarn??
 
Oct 30, 2011 12:39:51   #
lnoel
 
I thinks it's Katia Triana.
Oct 30, 2011 12:40:08   #
lnoel
 
I thinks it's Katia Triana.
Oct 30, 2011 18:23:55   #
Linda McCaw
 
Thank you! I will look for it on the internet! :-)
Oct 31, 2011 08:19:43   #
m. jean
 
Two more similar yarns are Premier Starbella and Red Heart Sashay. A more expensive one is Knitting Fever Flounce.
Oct 31, 2011 10:11:22   #
funthreads623
 
I bought a couple skeins from HObby Lobby called Chrysalis...There are some of these yarns on Ebay too.
 
Oct 31, 2011 10:33:11   #
tyratim
 
There are many companies that make this type of yarn. Starbella, Pirouette by Patons and Sashay by Red Heart. Joann's has the Sashay online only. If you have AC Moore in your area they carry Starbella and Pirouette. I just ordered a bunch from iceyarn.com. I will let you know who my experience is with them and the yarn after it arrives in the next couple of days.
Oct 31, 2011 10:38:05   #
Homeshppr
 
http://www.myjourneywithyarnandbeyond.com/2010/05/potatochip-scarf.html

Just ran across this great explanation for creating the Potato Chip Scarf. Hope it helps anyone who's still having problems.
Oct 31, 2011 10:48:40   #
Linda McCaw
 
Thanks to everyone for helping me locate the yarn I was trying to find!! I had no idea there were so many different ones. It is great to have online friends who have such great knowledge! Happy Halloween to all!
Oct 31, 2011 11:47:52   #
AmyBrown
 
The scarves I knit are made with Paton's Pirouette yarn. I'm not sure if that's exactly the spiral scarf you mean, but the ones made from Pirouette are gorgeous.
Oct 31, 2011 13:35:18   #
MaryE.
 
Check this link. There are a lot of yarns that make ruffles. Some are a narrow ribbon, others are a wide ribbon. The wide ribbon can have a large or small mesh. Check this link: http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-35222-2.html
The cheapest of these yarns is Ballerina and Flamenco by Ice/Yarn Paradise. But, you have to buy it in packages of 4 of the same color. Red Heart and Bernat now carry their own versions and it's relatively inexpensive compared to Katia, Triana and Universal, Marina. Stylecraft makes one also and if you buy it through Deramores, there is free shipping to the US. I just checked Deramores and they are offering only one color: http://us.deramores.com/stylecraft-ruffles
 
Oct 31, 2011 21:29:03   #
mzmom1 (a regular here)
 
Rozetti Marina is such a yarn. Check out the scarf I made with it at http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-20584-1.html
-second picture.
Linda McCaw wrote:
A few weeks ago someone submitted a photo of a Lacy Spiral Scarf made from a wide yarn with large holes in the yarn. I believe the yarn in the photo was shades of purple. Anyway I have been trying to find such a yarn..no luck. Does any one know the name and brand of such a yarn??
Oct 31, 2011 22:32:56   #
edithann (a regular here)
 
mzmom1 wrote:
Rozetti Marina is such a yarn. Check out the scarf I made with it at http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-20584-1.html
-second picture.
Linda McCaw wrote:
A few weeks ago someone submitted a photo of a Lacy Spiral Scarf made from a wide yarn with large holes in the yarn. I believe the yarn in the photo was shades of purple. Anyway I have been trying to find such a yarn..no luck. Does any one know the name and brand of such a yarn??


I also think it was Rozetti Marina. I also posted the spiral scarf I made with this yarn.
Oct 31, 2011 23:39:36   #
mzmom1 (a regular here)
 
edithann wrote:
mzmom1 wrote:
Rozetti Marina is such a yarn. Check out the scarf I made with it at http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-20584-1.html
-second picture.
Linda McCaw wrote:
A few weeks ago someone submitted a photo of a Lacy Spiral Scarf made from a wide yarn with large holes in the yarn. I believe the yarn in the photo was shades of purple. Anyway I have been trying to find such a yarn..no luck. Does any one know the name and brand of such a yarn??


I also think it was Rozetti Marina. I also posted the spiral scarf I made with this yarn.
quote=mzmom1 Rozetti Marina is such a yarn. Check... (show quote)


Edithann, I love your hat and scarf-I looked them up! :thumbup:
Oct 31, 2011 23:48:06   #
edithann (a regular here)
 
Thanks sooo much...I also bought the yarn in shades of black and another in shades of purple. Will eventually get to making them.
Happy Halloween and happy knitting...
Page: 1 2 next>>
          
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.