Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Machine Knitting
What is this called?
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Jul 11, 2017 11:30:07   #
OK, I made this on my standard bed with ribber. It is tubular knitted and looks the same on both sides. I made it with a baby weight yarn so it's not too heavy. According to the pattern I came up with I brought a stitch up from ribber and knitted it on main bed for "picots" to form design; this also "quilts" the two sides together. There really is no finishing except to weave yarn ends into knitting as the beginning and end are one row on main bed (circular cast-on as described by Diana Sullivan and elsewhere and then finished with same technique backwards.) My problem is I'm not sure what this is called. Is it just tubular knitting?

Jul 11, 2017 11:33:28   #
Patty Sutter (a regular here)
I'd call it beautiful.
But I don't MK so I cant help with the info you want
Jul 11, 2017 11:42:26   #
Sounds like double knitting. I do not MK but do knit by hand.
Jul 11, 2017 12:03:54   #
I've done some double knitting; in that style each stitch gets entwined with the one on the back. In this piece the un-pico'ed sections float away from the back.
Jul 11, 2017 12:24:03   #
spinninggill (a regular here)
Thinking back years ago when I did some MK, I think it was just called double bed knitting, but that was in the UK and also things have moved on since then!!
Jul 11, 2017 12:46:04   #
Pretty darn creative if you ask me!
Jul 11, 2017 12:58:59   #
... A result of my innate laziness, looking for way less finishing... :)
Jul 11, 2017 13:59:01   #
double knit.....cousin of jacquard....
Jul 11, 2017 14:35:36   #
KateWood (a regular here)
You knit a beautiful quilted baby blanket. It is as you called it a Quilting pattern. It can also be done using a color changer. The technique is shown on page 33 of, "The Ribber Technique Book" with a punch card for the 2 color quilted diamond pattern. How long did it take you to knit it?
Jul 11, 2017 16:21:57   #
That is really pretty - I must try that! :)
Jul 12, 2017 04:44:00   #
A beautiful blanket!
Jul 12, 2017 05:30:28   #
mlab (a regular here)
It is just beautiful.
I think it is called circular knitting. But tubular will do just fine!!!
Jul 12, 2017 05:50:48   #
I wished my english would be better ( I'm from the Netherlands) so I would understand better what you did.Is there a youtube film availeble wich shows the technique ?
Jul 12, 2017 06:20:37   #
Mad loch (a regular here)
Beautiful 💖
Jul 12, 2017 06:44:22   #
Its beautiful and it is quilted knitting. It is something that I have done on a Passap but never on a Japanese machine. Congratulations, it is lovely.
Page: 1 2 3 next>>
Machine Knitting
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.