Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Machine Knitting
Another "What is this thing" question
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 next>>
Jul 13, 2017 13:05:11   #
Anyone recognize this?

Jul 13, 2017 13:14:56   #
well now....that's gonna bug me all I know I've seen fits into something to support something, but not paper......I have similar item that fit into my knitting machines...and every different brand is shaped differently than this and different from each other..... will be watching to see what you find out....
Jul 13, 2017 14:12:50   #
Magna84 (a regular here)
Could it be for hairpin lace??
Jul 13, 2017 14:42:10   #
Believe it belongs to Studio SR860 ribber - Yarn Rest
Jul 13, 2017 14:48:18   #
luvrcats (a regular here)
I have no idea.....but, it looks dangerous!!!
Jul 13, 2017 14:58:32   #
lindawmn wrote:
Believe it belongs to Studio SR860 ribber - Yarn Rest

Thank you. I do have an SR860 ribber and that whole lot was given to me hodge-podge. Thank you.
Jul 13, 2017 21:39:35   #
That belongs to a Toyota machine 901? maybe. Anyone?
Jul 13, 2017 22:13:10   #
No, it is an accessory for the SK/SR 860. Its use is described in the SR860 manual in the instructions for Double Bed Jacquard.
Jul 14, 2017 00:29:29   #
Looks like a pants stretcher to me. When men wore chinos to work, they would wash and then put the pants on the stretchers and once they were dry very little ironing had to be done. There was a crease all ready in the pants. That's my guess. N
Jul 14, 2017 08:31:36   #
John and Meg are correct. It goes in on the left end of the SR860 ribber to hold yarn out of the way temporarily & untangled as you do Double Bed jacquard.
Jul 14, 2017 09:18:31   #
lindawmn wrote:
Anyone recognize this?

See page 40 of the ribber manual. Yarn rest.

Jul 14, 2017 09:21:38   #
Jul 14, 2017 20:51:47   #
Dottie Kon
Not a pants stretcher. We used those in dad's pants (and jeans) and they were a total frame...rectangular shaped but narrower at the bottom. Once they were in the pants legs (front to back so outer leg and inner leg seams were down the middle of the open space) you stretched the top and bottom of the frame wider so as to get a nice flat leg and then you locked the tabs in placed to hold them there. The pants sure looked funny hanging on the clothesline. You released the tabs to squeeze the frames in enough to slide them out from the pants legs. And, yes, it gave a nice crease that you could not achieve with an iron, steam or otherwise.
Jul 14, 2017 21:04:30   #
I remember our neighbor hanging her husband's pants on the clothes line with those things, and how my mom thought she was too lazy to iron. Heck yeah!
Jul 15, 2017 13:02:06   #
OMG! It was my job on laundry day to put those pants stretchers into the jeans and making sure to get them lined up straight, because they also put a crease down the front and back of the legs. We had clothes lines to hang the laundry on (also my job), no clothes dryer. My mom worked in a factory and wore jeans every day, and I had two brothers who wore jeans, so there were many pairs out there drying. I didn't start wearing jeans until I was a teenager, and even then, not too often. By that time, bell-bottoms were all the rage, in cotton prints.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Machine Knitting
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.