Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Pictures
Man Socks
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Jan 11, 2018 13:15:34   #
MrsMurdog (a regular here)
 
For my husband. Deb Norville Serenity sock yarn, charcoal for heel, toe, cuffs. Loops & Thread luxury sock in Autumn Fields color for body. #1 needle.


Being a smartie pants
Being a smartie pants...
love those bicycle legs!
love those bicycle legs!...
 
Jan 11, 2018 13:32:34   #
JaniceLong
 
Great socks!
Jan 11, 2018 13:33:31   #
KnittingNut
 
Awesome socks!
Jan 11, 2018 13:33:44   #
katanamama (a regular here)
 
Very handsome socks.
Jan 11, 2018 13:35:45   #
Sherriea
 
Love your socks! Could you share where the pattern can be found?
Jan 11, 2018 13:53:44   #
MrsMurdog (a regular here)
 
Sherriea wrote:
Love your socks! Could you share where the pattern can be found?


Made a size 10 man's sock.
It is rather complicated. I started with this method to cast on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idjKaBwJzD0
I increased toe to 72 stitches.
I followed the Fish Lips Kiss ($1 on Ravelry) pattern for length and heel. Then about 1" after heel shaping, the socks were too heavy so I switched over to dpns and did one at a time, concurrently. I just 2x2 rib to the top. I added elastic thread to the cuff. Went to a size 2 needle for bind off. This is my favorite sock bind off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWS77BKk5NQ.
 
Jan 11, 2018 13:58:09   #
sbeth53 (a regular here)
 
Awesome socks and your hubby has nice legs!
Jan 11, 2018 14:36:55   #
jvallas
 
He’s got pretty good turnout!

Great socks!
Jan 11, 2018 14:45:40   #
Sherriea
 
MrsMurdog wrote:
Made a size 10 man's sock.
It is rather complicated. I started with this method to cast on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idjKaBwJzD0
I increased toe to 72 stitches.
I followed the Fish Lips Kiss ($1 on Ravelry) pattern for length and heel. Then about 1" after heel shaping, the socks were too heavy so I switched over to dpns and did one at a time, concurrently. I just 2x2 rib to the top. I added elastic thread to the cuff. Went to a size 2 needle for bind off. This is my favorite sock bind off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWS77BKk5NQ.
Made a size 10 man's sock. br It is rather complic... (show quote)


Awesome! Thanks!
Jan 11, 2018 15:14:05   #
BarbaraBL
 
Great socks and I love the yarn you used.
Jan 11, 2018 15:18:49   #
MrsMurdog (a regular here)
 
sbeth53 wrote:
Awesome socks and your hubby has nice legs!



He should. He rode 18,500 miles on his bicycle this year!
 
Jan 11, 2018 15:21:54   #
jvallas
 
MrsMurdog wrote:
He should. He rode 18,500 miles on his bicycle this year!


Holy cow. Guess I’m going to have to stick with my crummy legs.

That’s amazing. Is it marathons, or destination-cycling?
Jan 11, 2018 15:29:01   #
fergablu2 (a regular here)
 
Very nice! How many balls of yarn did you use? The one time I made toe-up socks, for my husband, in a beautiful cable pattern, I ran out of yarn, (I had 2-50 gram balls), and had to finish them as anklets. On the bright side, they’ll probably last forever because they are seldom worn.
Jan 11, 2018 15:39:46   #
jvallas
 
fergablu2 wrote:
...On the bright side, they’ll probably last forever because they are seldom worn.
So funny!!
Jan 11, 2018 15:52:39   #
Suo (a regular here)
 
Very manly for some very manly legs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Pictures
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.