Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Search | Login | Register | Help
KP forum software has been upgraded. You can read more here.
Please make sure to click My Profile link at the top and scroll down to Custom View Settings.
Why Would You Ever Want to Pay For Knitting and Crochet Patterns or Lessons When You Can Get All That for Free?
Read this:

If you are a beginner, intermediate, advanced, or a professional knitter, then the benefits of signing up for our free weekly knitting e-mail newsletter are:

• We cover hand knitting, machine knitting, and crochet.

• Each week you'll be receiving new tips and techniques.

• Daily, you'll be receiving a knitting message board digest with the latest knitting pictures, discussions and patterns.

• If you ever have a question or need help, you can always ask, and we'll cover your question in the following newsletter issue.

• Discover the fastest way to knit (and to crochet) a sock... while keeping the perfect heel and making sure the sock fits (not many knitters know this).

• Find out how to figure out how much yarn you need for a pattern if the pattern doesn't specify it (works for any project, a real life-saver sometimes).

• Learn how to pick up a dropped stitch, even from several rows below. It happens to absolutely everyone at some point. But don't worry, there exists a really simple fix.

• And if you ever run out of yarn, find out how to join any yarn in the middle of any project.

• If you can't find the pattern that you need, or if you don't know which pattern would be most appropriate for a specific project, then you can ask our other users to help you figure it out. We even have a dedicated "Pattern Requests" section on our website that's all about finding new patterns.

• The same goes for any problems and questions about specific techniques. We have experienced users who are always helping those in need with just the right advice.

• And of course, as I said it's all completely FREE!

• Let me repeat that. Since for some reason a lot of people contact us asking if the membership is really free: we are a social website for knitters and crocheters, so we don't sell anything, and we don't charge any fees. It's as simple as that.

Enter your name and e-mail address below, and you'll be instantly added to our knitting mailing list distribution. Right away, you'll get access to more knitting-related material (pictures, patterns, tips) than contained in all knitting books and magazines you could ever buy. And you'll get all that for free.

You'll be able to talk and share ideas with more knitters than you could meet if you attended all the largest trade shows. And you'll be able to do all that without leaving your house!

Don't delay! Join the best knitting and crochet community on the Internet.

First name:

E-mail address:

It's FREE, and you'll receive my first e-mail right away. Also, you'll get instant access to the most recent topics on our knitting forum: hundreds of great tips from other knitters.

(A new newsletter issue is released each week. So if you don't sign up now, you'll miss this week's digest.)

opposite of ssk
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Jun 11, 2012 14:35:26   #
I know how to do ssk, but recently needed to decrease on a purl row. Is there a way to do this? or does one just purl 2 together? It didn't look to me as if there was a noticable difference between edges when purling as there is in decreasing on a knit row.
Jun 11, 2012 14:57:09   #
Just purl two together as a normal purl stitch, it's the way to do it, unless you are advised in the pattern to do it a different way, which would be unusual.
Jun 11, 2012 21:28:33   #
Thanks, Lenora. It looked like it was OK to do that. Just wondered if I was missing something.
Jun 12, 2012 08:40:40   #
Try SSP.
Jun 12, 2012 10:07:55   #
Linda6885 (a regular here)
Actually there are two techniques to do this making the resulting stitch slant differently like the ssk and the k2tog also slants left, or right.
Here is a video showing you how.
Jun 12, 2012 10:59:10   #
tamarque (a regular here)
There is a site call Stitch a Day knitting. He has videos on different stitches. The one this week was called the Reverse purl decrease. You might like to see it as a different technique to use.
Jun 12, 2012 14:25:12   #
WOW! I've been knitting for over 50 years, and there is always, always something new to learn. Thank you all so much.
Jun 12, 2012 14:52:54   #
tamarque (a regular here)
Actually I gave the name of the stitch video site a bit wrong. It is called New Stitch A Day and is a video site.
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.