I finally got around to knitting this lovely Windswept Cowl, but I've knitted it in DK (8 ply) yarn, as I think it's enough for us here in Australia, and I saw one knitted in DK by Annelisse on Ravelry, which I loved. It also happened to be the colour and yarn of choice of the recipient, and I already had the yarn in my stash, so I decided to adjust the pattern accordingly.
The yarn is Bendigo Woollen Mills Stellar (50% wool, 50% bamboo) in Malachite. It has a lovely sheen and drape, which the recipient likes. The photos aren't accurate with the colour, sorry, but the pics of it being worn are the closest to the real colour.
I used 4.5 mm (US) 7 needles.
The paid pattern is well written and easy to understand.