Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Pattern Requests
Baby "star" afghan pattern request
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
May 23, 2014 08:40:13   #
Ellelleen
 
Back in the late 70s I made several "star" afghans for gifts. You use one size 8 and one size 11 or was it 13 needle. The star row was done in white and you could use blue or pink for the alternate row. Can't find the pattern anywhere. Would love to purchase book or pattern.
 
May 23, 2014 08:46:28   #
Conchalea
 
Red Heart has Merry Go Round baby blanket on their site
May 23, 2014 08:58:54   #
Sewbizgirl
 
Here's a page of images. Click on the pictures you like for more info. Many of them will lead you to a pattern (tho not all.)

http://www.google.com/search?q=queen+anne%27s+lace+scarf+pattern&client=firefox-a&hs=raq&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=HEN_U4L5OM6BqgbA-YGgDA&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1093&bih=506&dpr=1.25#channel=sb&q=free+crochet+star+afghan+pattern&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&imgdii=_
May 23, 2014 09:10:22   #
KroSha (a regular here)
 
Ellelleen wrote:
Back in the late 70s I made several "star" afghans for gifts. You use one size 8 and one size 11 or was it 13 needle. The star row was done in white and you could use blue or pink for the alternate row. Can't find the pattern anywhere. Would love to purchase book or pattern.


Are you talking about the knitted star stitch or an afghan shaped like a star?
May 23, 2014 09:20:52   #
Ellelleen
 
Its a knitted star stitch. Unusual thing was that it used 2 different sized knitting needles, I made at least 6 or 7 of these so you'd think I could remember the pattern but...I've slept since then
May 23, 2014 09:25:14   #
KroSha (a regular here)
 
Ellelleen wrote:
Its a knitted star stitch. Unusual thing was that it used 2 different sized knitting needles, I made at least 6 or 7 of these so you'd think I could remember the pattern but...I've slept since then


Can you remember any other ways of how you did this Afghan?

Such as, did you do two rows in one color and same size needle, two rows in one color in two different needles, alternate colors row by row, etc.??

Please give as many specific details as you can.
 
May 23, 2014 10:23:36   #
Ellelleen
 
I knitted the stars is white--I remember that the stars were done on the smaller needle and that you knitted three sts together, alternated the colored rows using the larger needle.
May 23, 2014 10:44:30   #
KroSha (a regular here)
 
Ellelleen wrote:
I knitted the stars is white--I remember that the stars were done on the smaller needle and that you knitted three sts together, alternated the colored rows using the larger needle.


Ok, so I guess it's nothing like this pattern:

http://www.theweeklystitch.com/2013/05/two-color-star-stitch.html?m=1
2 color knitted star stitch
2 color knitted star stitch...
May 23, 2014 13:47:16   #
Conchalea
 
Conchalea wrote:
Red Heart has Merry Go Round baby blanket on their site


This one is not what you're wanting. Sorry-I misunderstood what you wanted
May 23, 2014 13:55:53   #
Ellelleen
 
Thanks for all your efforts in attempting to find the pattern--I really appreciate it.
May 24, 2014 11:50:32   #
dannyjack
 
Star afghan.


 
May 24, 2014 11:54:30   #
Conchalea
 
dannyjack wrote:
Star afghan.


That's gorgeous!
 
Pattern Requests
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.