Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
I'm upset by this comment about Arthur
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
Jul 26, 2015 08:38:36   #
user64822
 
I'm not one for arguments, especially on here. Generally my feeling is that if I want to comment, I think first. I'd hate to hurt somebody else. On the odd occasion that I feel like saying something that may upset someone, I refrain.
And I've never knowingly posted anything that has upset someone.
However, this time I don't care if this upsets you, eneurian. You don't know my daughter's family. If you did you would know that her boys are extremely well brought up, well behaved children. Arthur does have agenesis of the corpus callosum, but even if he didn't, he's a 22 month old baby. Children get into mischief. That's what they do. With the prognosis given, I'm just very glad he is able to get into his mother's knitting, and I'm sure Corinne is as well.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I wanted you to know that this time your opinion has upset me.
By the way, I've put this on a separate post deliberately, and have decided to be open rather than sending you a private message also deliberately.
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-350656-3.html#7679037
 
Jul 26, 2015 08:48:01   #
knitonefl
 
I loved the photo of Arthur. When my youngest GS was about 2 he got into my yarn and ran around the house. It wasn't anything I was knitting, just yarn. I took photos of him too. Don't let anyone get you down. Arthur is just being a kid.
Jul 26, 2015 08:48:40   #
user64822
 
knitonefl wrote:
I loved the photo of Arthur. When my youngest GS was about 2 he got into my yarn and ran around the house. It wasn't anything I was knitting, just yarn. I took photos of him too. Don't let anyone get you down. Arthur is just being a kid.


Thank you x
Jul 26, 2015 08:53:16   #
eggplantlady
 
Outrageous, unsubstantiated and nasty reply from eneurian, and I applaud your handling of the matter. As one who has been following Arthur's progress and the lovely manner in which Corinne and her husband are raising their family I am thrilled to see him behaving like a typical toddler. Their children will be thinkers, not mimics; leaders, not followers. I am sick and tired of the self-proclaimed righteous shouting their opinions from the rooftop with nary a thought to the validity, necessity or damage they do.
Jul 26, 2015 08:53:56   #
WindingRoad
 
Elsie Shufflebottom wrote:
I'm not one for arguments, especially on here. Generally my feeling is that if I want to comment, I think first. I'd hate to hurt somebody else. On the odd occasion that I feel like saying something that may upset someone, I refrain.
And I've never knowingly posted anything that has upset someone.
However, this time I don't care if this upsets you, eneurian. You don't know my daughter's family. If you did you would know that her boys are extremely well brought up, well behaved children. Arthur does have agenesis of the corpus callosum, but even if he didn't, he's a 22 month old baby. Children get into mischief. That's what they do. With the prognosis given, I'm just very glad he is able to get into his mother's knitting, and I'm sure Corinne is as well.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I wanted you to know that this time your opinion has upset me.
By the way, I've put this on a separate post deliberately, and have decided to be open rather than sending you a private message also deliberately.
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-350656-3.html#7679037
I'm not one for arguments, especially on here. Gen... (show quote)


Did the poster know about Arthur. Maybe she didn't.
Jul 26, 2015 08:55:46   #
samlou
 
I'm shocked by that totally unessesary post. I would be upset too, so I can understand why you are. I've enjoyed reading all about Arthur and the problems he has come through . He is a happy chap doing what kids of that age do. crickey, mine did a lot worse, lol. All I see is a happy and well brought up boy. Don't let this spoil all the smiles he gives you. And keep posting about him, as many of us here like to know how he is doing. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
 
Jul 26, 2015 08:56:48   #
Katsch (a regular here)
 
eggplantlady wrote:
Outrageous, unsubstantiated and nasty reply from eneurian, and I applaud your handling of the matter. As one who has been following Arthur's progress and the lovely manner in which Corinne and her husband are raising their family I am thrilled to see him behaving like a typical toddler. Their children will be thinkers, not mimics; leaders, not followers. I am sick and tired of the self-proclaimed righteous shouting their opinions from the rooftop with nary a thought to the validity, necessity or damage they do.
Outrageous, unsubstantiated and nasty reply from e... (show quote)


Amen! I agree wholeheartedly.
Jul 26, 2015 08:56:50   #
Marge St Pete
 
I just read the original post. eneurian must not have children or if she does they are too afraid to move for fear of her. What Arthur did is normal for a small child. They have to make mistakes to learn right from wrong.
Jul 26, 2015 08:57:10   #
klassey
 
The comment by eneurian was totally out of line!
Jul 26, 2015 08:57:15   #
oddball
 
Good for you Jennie.Some people should keep their opinions to themselves when they don't know the circumstances. Arthur is a beautiful little boy. xx
Jul 26, 2015 08:58:53   #
inishowen (a regular here)
 
Wow that was a hurtful remark he/she made. I don't blame you for being upset Elsie. We love seeing photos of Arthur and I'm thrilled he's making such great progress. Chin up Elsie,don't let it get to you.
 
Jul 26, 2015 09:01:17   #
Rita in Raleigh
 
I saw just a cute toddler wrapped up in yarn...so typical. I did not realize he had a developmental problem...or any kind of problem except for being a little boy.

I remember putting my granddaughter to bed in the crib which had a box of yarn under it. When we got her up after her nap, there was yarn (mostly the fun fur type) pulled through all the slats of the bed! I tried for hours to get it unwound, but gave up and cut it. I put the tangled yarn back in the box and unraveled it some years later <G>

She was just being inquisitive. That is what little people do!
Jul 26, 2015 09:01:57   #
NewKnitter15
 
Don't let it upset you, obviously that person is very unhappy as shown by her past posts & signature. Feel bad for her & disregard her post. Keep enjoying little Arthur, he is adorable!
Jul 26, 2015 09:02:51   #
Roxanness
 
My 2 year GD has gotten into my knitting to knit. She is curious and wants to knit like grandma. They see us knitting and want to copy us. Only they undo and can tangle the yarn. So untangle and knit again or cut out bad tangle and start again. I don't take projects that are Lacey or complicated to do by her. Let them play with leftover yarn. I have also put her hands under mine and knit a few stitches together. Love goes a long way.
Jul 26, 2015 09:09:20   #
lpool23
 
Hi Jennie, please don't let anyone upset you. I love following your stories of Arthur and your daughter's blog. For some people being miserable and mean is their normal. It's a shame for them really, to always have their knickers in a twist! Enjoy your day, Jennie!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next>>
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.