Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Pattern Requests
Need Pattern suggestion for variegated yarn
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Jul 23, 2016 09:45:03   #
didevine
 
Hi dear KPers,
I have read when using a variegated yarn to let the yarn (so to speak) do the work, as any pattern would probably get lost.
With this thought in mind, I'm seeking your suggestions.

To make a long story short, I took on the challenge, in my new knitting group, of finishing a donation of a long abandoned, half-knitted, baby blanket using Red Heart Fiesta. I finally unraveled the entire piece last night...

The blanket will be a donation to a mother and baby in a warm country. Does anyone have a suggestion for a light baby blanket pattern (no yo's, for safety) using this Red Heart Fiesta--in Baby White? I'm hoping a washing will soften it up too...

Thank you for your suggestions.
 
Jul 23, 2016 09:50:54   #
fergablu2
 
Here are some Fiesta projects on Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/red-heart-fiesta/projects
Jul 23, 2016 09:56:33   #
judyr
 
I made many afghans using the afghan stitch with varigated yarn from Red Heart. Every stitch was a different color and the pattern is different on the wrong side too. Very easy and very fast - mindless knitting but it came out beautiful. If my camera could be uploaded to computer, I would share with you. I have made MANY MANY MANY afghans this way. Good luck on your search.
Jul 23, 2016 10:07:29   #
rjazz
 
try fisherman's rib, mistake rib, and patterns called "TOPOGRAPHICAL SCARF" or "Directional Colors Scarf" or "Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf" or
"Merlin -Short Row Wedges Scarf and Hat"
Jul 23, 2016 10:32:22   #
fergablu2
 
judyr wrote:
I made many afghans using the afghan stitch with varigated yarn from Red Heart. Every stitch was a different color and the pattern is different on the wrong side too. Very easy and very fast - mindless knitting but it came out beautiful. If my camera could be uploaded to computer, I would share with you. I have made MANY MANY MANY afghans this way. Good luck on your search.


What is the afghan stitch in knitting? Can you provide a link?

Do you have a cell phone? Even my $30 gophone from Target can upload a picture.
Jul 23, 2016 11:47:31   #
krestiekrew
 
fergablu2 wrote:
What is the afghan stitch in knitting? Can you provide a link?

Do you have a cell phone? Even my $30 gophone from Target can upload a picture.


Try this
http://www.crochetnmore.com/afghanstitchdishcloth.htm

This is even better
http://www.maryjanesmaryjanes.com/2011/10/tunisian-crochet-how-to-basic-tunisian/

http://www.maryjanesmaryjanes.com/2011/10/tunisian-crochet-how-to-finishing-off/
 
Jul 23, 2016 20:54:39   #
didevine
 
fergablu2 wrote:
Here are some Fiesta projects on Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/red-heart-fiesta/projects


Thank you so much. There are many projects to peruse...
Jul 23, 2016 20:59:30   #
didevine
 
Thank you, I'm also looking at the recommended stitches in between the pages of projects.

I'm trying to find something that knits up light-weight for a warm climate country.
Jul 24, 2016 09:38:12   #
Deemeegee
 
I have had good success with herringbone type patterns such as this one:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/favorite-scarf-ever
Jul 24, 2016 17:39:56   #
run4fittness (a regular here)
 
Those are all good suggestions, but my favorite is the herringbone pattern. I have used it many times with many different weights of yarn.
 
Pattern Requests
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.