Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
The Attic
T rump immigrant policy
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 next>>
Jan 29, 2017 23:20:42   #
Beachgirl1000 (a regular here)
 
Janicesei wrote:
To all who have a better plan...

Ok, for those against this plan, submit a plan you think will work.

Remember Pearl Harbor? Japanese Americans were interned. Horrible. Unfair. Yup, but who knew what to do when Japan attacked us? Well 9-11 is the modern day Pearl Harbor. Do you do nothing or try to figure out how to keep Americans safe. France, Germany and England are still being attached and many people killed. In America, many plots have been stopped here, but not all. Ask the people killed or maimed in Boston. Do you just let everyone in and hope they will be our friend? They aren't.

Submit your plan. If it is better to keep Americans safe, I'll sign your petition to get it to Trump.

I'm in Houston. I am scared the Super Bowl will be a target. Can you keep the fans safe? Can you keep my kids safe? I don't ignor what is happening to the innocent people who are inconvenienced with this plan but they aren't being killed. But did a terrorist get stopped?

Maybe vetting is good against bad guys, but good guys pay by being looked over too. I have 2 hip replacements and I'm paying the price too. I'm pulled out at the airport and practically strip searched. Had to take pants and shirt off one time. I get swabbed for explosives every time too. I don't like it, but they caught some bad guys that way.

So, show me your plan.

Please don't hate me. My family members served in the military so I could have freedom of speech too.
To all who have a better plan... br br Ok, for th... (show quote)


You have a much better chance of being killed by your own clothes melting or igniting, or being hit by a train, than by being killed by a Muslim terrorist.
Why do you refuse to see that although we have to be very careful about people we allow to enter the country because they could be terrorists, we do not have to be ruled by blind, unreasoning fear?
Of course we were horrified by 9/11. Of course we don't want to be foolishly trusting of every person who comes here. But even if we are extremely careful, we will not be able to prevent terrorist attacks entirely. Even IF we don't allow a single person from any other country in the world to enter the US by any means, we will continue to experience terrorist attacks. And in the process we will lose our true freedom, because we will be living in a prison of our own making.

Some things to consider:

About 450 children in the US were killed by their own parents last year.
Almost 16,000 people were murdered in the US in 2015.

So who should we worry about the most?

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/13/12901950/terrorism-immigrants-clothes
 
Jan 29, 2017 23:24:40   #
DebHow78
 
sugarbowl wrote:
Your argument is Timothy McVeigh killing over 100 plus people including 19 children was 21 yrs ago? So what? Tell those families & those parents who had their babies in the daycare that.

Give DT a chance? A chance to do what- ruin our country?
Why give a despicable lunatic a chance? Unless of course, those who voted for him think similarly.


And you tell the 2,996 victims families that their deaths didn't matter, than no one learned from the terrorists who killed them, who weren't vetted.

The point about the date of The Murray Bombing is that was before the surge of illegals coming in and the rise of Radical Muslim Extremists, or are you one of the ones that don't use that term?

How about the Mall shooting at Cascade Mall by an illegal from Turkey, killing 5? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Cascade_Mall_shooting)
Jan 29, 2017 23:27:45   #
Augustgran (a regular here)
 
sugarbowl wrote:
Your argument is Timothy McVeigh killing over 100 plus people including 19 children was 21 yrs ago? So what? Tell those families & those parents who had their babies in the daycare that.

Give DT a chance? A chance to do what- ruin our country?
Why give a despicable lunatic a chance? Unless of course, those who voted for him think similarly.


She won't address the point that predominantly Muslim countries that Mr t rump has business dealings with were NOT included in the ban
The countries that are included ? None had any business owned by t rump.
She also missed the point of the murderers I wrote were AMERICAN born!
As was the daycare shooter,the Christmas party shooter,Miami night club shooter , movie theater shooter, columbine
My point is Terrorist s are All colours,religions,
What would you have called the crusades?murdering and killing anyone not Christian was that not a form of terrorism?

What about Hitler rounding up 6 million Jewish people,expelling them, and murdering them because of religion is that not terrorism?

Bythe way another point for all of the Christian right, there is an interview where Mr t rump was asked if as a Christain he had ever asked for forgiveness, his answer was he has never done anything to have to ask the Lord for forgiveness.
If I remember my bible teachings that makes him guilty of blasphemy because he is announcing he is perfect without sin.
Really? Isn't adultery a sin?
He also makes me ashamed of my Presbyterian upbringing, he in NOW way represents a good Presbyterian or Christan
Jan 29, 2017 23:28:48   #
DebHow78
 
Beachgirl1000 wrote:
You have a much better chance of being killed by your own clothes melting or igniting, or being hit by a train, than by being killed by a Muslim terrorist.
Why do you refuse to see that although we have to be very careful about people we allow to enter the country because they could be terrorists, we do not have to be ruled by blind, unreasoning fear?
Of course we were horrified by 9/11. Of course we don't want to be foolishly trusting of every person who comes here. But even if we are extremely careful, we will not be able to prevent terrorist attacks entirely. Even IF we don't allow a single person from any other country in the world to enter the US by any means, we will continue to experience terrorist attacks. And in the process we will lose our true freedom, because we will be living in a prison of our own making.

Some things to consider:

About 450 children in the US were killed by their own parents last year.
Almost 16,000 people were murdered in the US in 2015.

So who should we worry about the most?

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/13/12901950/terrorism-immigrants-clothes
You have a much better chance of being killed by y... (show quote)


Setting up a good vetting system is not being "ruled by blind, unreasoning fear." It is logical and smart and safe. Why do you have a problem with being careful that we don't allow murderers and rapists into our country, of any nationality or religion? Because the Executive Order in exact wording states "The United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including “honor” killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation."

I would think any American would want that.
Jan 29, 2017 23:30:38   #
Janicesei
 
To user 17143

I just heard on the news of killings in Qubec... I'm sorry for your loss.
Jan 29, 2017 23:35:30   #
DebHow78
 
user17143 wrote:
She won't address the point that predominantly Muslim countries that Mr t rump has business dealings with were NOT included in the ban
The countries that are included ? None had any business owned by t rump.
She also missed the point of the murderers I wrote were AMERICAN born!
As was the daycare shooter,the Christmas party shooter,Miami night club shooter , movie theater shooter, columbine

Bythe way another point for all of the Christian right, there is an interview where Mr t rump was asked if as a Christain he had ever asked for forgiveness, his answer was he has never done anything to have to ask the Lord for forgiveness.
If I remember my bible teachings that makes him guilty of blasphemy because he is announcing he is perfect without sin.
Really? Isn't adultery a sin?
He also makes me ashamed of my Presbyterian upbringing, he in NOW way represents a good Presbyterian or Christan
She won't address the point that predominantly M... (show quote)


This isn't even ABOUT Muslim's The EO says:

"The United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including “honor” killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation."

Where does he say Muslim or Islam in there?

I don't know what countries Trump has businesses in and doesn't and I'm not going to take your word for it, or just any liberal article, that is why I haven't commented on that. Perhaps he didn't build businesses in countries for the same reason they have been flagged: They are known for terrorist activities.

I DO think Saudi Arabia should be on the list, however.
 
Jan 29, 2017 23:42:06   #
Augustgran (a regular here)
 
DebHow78 wrote:
This isn't even ABOUT Muslim's The EO says:

"The United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including “honor” killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation."

Where does he say Muslim or Islam in there?

I don't know what countries Trump has businesses in and doesn't and I'm not going to take your word for it, or just any liberal article, that is why I haven't commented on that. Perhaps he didn't build businesses in countries for the same reason they have been flagged: They are known for terrorist activities.

I DO think Saudi Arabia should be on the list, however.
This isn't even ABOUT Muslim's The EO says: br b... (show quote)


Saudi Arabia was NOT picked because Mr t rump has many business holdings there.
IT is an understanding that it is Muslim ban because it is ONLY countries with predominately Muslim population . As well as the continuing references to ISISS who are radicalized Muslims
Jan 29, 2017 23:44:28   #
Fricia
 
DebHow78 wrote:
I think he is just trying to keep Americans safe, which is what he is supposed to do. We've had illegals coming in and murdering people and we find they were deported numerous times. We don't want another 9/11 or what happened in Paris.

He isn't saying that he is totally & permanently banning. It is a TEMPORARY ban while they figure out better vetting. Check this out: http://dailysignal.com/2015/09/10/a-timeline-of-73-islamist-terror-plots-since-911/



In the last ten years, statistics.......


Jan 29, 2017 23:54:42   #
Augustgran (a regular here)
 
Janicesei wrote:
To user 17143

I just heard on the news of killings in Qubec... I'm sorry for your loss.


I know 2 degenerates with Muslim phobia have sunk to a new low , killing and injuring because they don't like Muslims.
I know some alt right will say "well , they kill Christians " so to them that will justify it.
Entering a place of worship to murder .
That is an act of terrorism and religeous persecution as well
Jan 30, 2017 00:02:04   #
DebHow78
 
I don't know where that graph came from or what date, but it is definitely not accurate. I've already listed more than 2 jihadists.

Anyway, I'm not saying that the Americans who kill are any better. They are all reprehensible. But the topic is the new EO and that is about the incoming immigrants and screening them better. I'm all for any screening that makes us safer.

I think all of the hate going on is terrible. Why can't people put the good of the country first?

I'm going to get off here now. My IV is almost finished running, so I can get to sleep before my next dose in 5 hours and I don't want to be dreaming about murders and such. :-) Nite all.
Jan 30, 2017 00:06:58   #
Beachgirl1000 (a regular here)
 
DebHow78 wrote:
Setting up a good vetting system is not being "ruled by blind, unreasoning fear." It is logical and smart and safe. Why do you have a problem with being careful that we don't allow murderers and rapists into our country, of any nationality or religion? Because the Executive Order in exact wording states "The United States should not admit those who engage in acts of bigotry or hatred (including “honor” killings, other forms of violence against women, or the persecution of those who practice religions different from their own) or those who would oppress Americans of any race, gender, or sexual orientation."

I would think any American would want that.
Setting up a good vetting system is not being &quo... (show quote)


You completely missed the entire point I was making!

This is what I wrote: "Why do you refuse to see that although we have to be very careful about people we allow to enter the country because they could be terrorists, we do not have to be ruled by blind, unreasoning fear?"

I clearly stated that we have to be very careful. Did you even bother reading my post? Or anyone else's?

You have a better chance, statistically speaking, of being murdered by your own husband than by a Muslim terrorist. You are being naive if you think that what trump's executive order has decreed will keep out terrorists. It won't.

Well, it's not even two weeks yet, and the idiot wearing the badly-tailored president suit has already made lots of new enemies. If you see this as promising for the country in any way at all, you deserve the consequences of your blind trust in a megalomaniac. The problem is that he will drag so many down with him.
 
Jan 30, 2017 00:09:51   #
Beachgirl1000 (a regular here)
 
Fricia wrote:
In the last ten years, statistics.......


Thanks for the chart. But don't you get frustrated with someone who looks at it and with absolutely nothing to back it up, says it's not correct?!
Are we in the twilight zone?
Jan 30, 2017 00:16:56   #
Augustgran (a regular here)
 
Alt right never believes anything unless it's on Fox news or
Not so britebart


Jan 30, 2017 00:20:08   #
Fricia
 
DebHow78 wrote:
I don't know where that graph came from or what date, but it is definitely not accurate. I've already listed more than 2 jihadists.

Anyway, I'm not saying that the Americans who kill are any better. They are all reprehensible. But the topic is the new EO and that is about the incoming immigrants and screening them better. I'm all for any screening that makes us safer.

I think all of the hate going on is terrible. Why can't people put the good of the country first?

I'm going to get off here now. My IV is almost finished running, so I can get to sleep before my next dose in 5 hours and I don't want to be dreaming about murders and such. :-) Nite all.
I don't know where that graph came from or what d... (show quote)


All the info you need is right below the graph in the key. It's a 10 year average.
2005 -2014.
Jan 30, 2017 00:34:53   #
Fricia
 
Beachgirl1000 wrote:
Thanks for the chart. But don't you get frustrated with someone who looks at it and with absolutely nothing to back it up, says it's not correct?!
Are we in the twilight zone?



No, I don't get frustrated. Just mark them off my mental list.
Should have posted this instead.

Matthew 25:35-40English Standard Version (ESV)

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a STRANGER and you WELCOMED me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these, my brothers, you did it to me.’


I learned this from my son, who is an MD:


"Never argue with an insane person".


I'm pretty sure Thomas Paine said something like that, way back when.
Page: <<prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 next>>
The Attic
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.