Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
Fancy a trip to the English seaside?
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 next>>
Aug 2, 2018 04:51:21   #
beanscene (a regular here)
 
Amazing yarn bombing in Folkestone, Kent in honour of a visit by Kaffe Fassett. Worth a visit and fish n chips on the beach maybe?


 
Aug 2, 2018 04:57:22   #
Glenlady (a regular here)
 
Fantastic, and yes please to fish n chips
Aug 2, 2018 04:57:26   #
dornefeb (a regular here)
 
Wow, that's brilliant and would love some fish and chips, haven't had any for ages and I think it's the law, or it should be, that if you go to the seaside then you have to have fish and chips lol
Aug 2, 2018 05:04:26   #
beanscene (a regular here)
 
dornefeb wrote:
Wow, that's brilliant and would love some fish and chips, haven't had any for ages and I think it's the law, or it should be, that if you go to the seaside then you have to have fish and chips lol


Definitely the law - fish and chips on the beach but watch out for those pesky seagulls!
Aug 2, 2018 05:18:29   #
Swedenme (a regular here)
 
beanscene wrote:
Definitely the law - fish and chips on the beach but watch out for those pesky seagulls!


They are very devious ,sneaky , and big , I was at Whitby holding fish and chips when one flew into me while 4 more landed at my feet expecting dinner unfortunately for them I had a tight grip on the boxes
Aug 2, 2018 05:22:41   #
beanscene (a regular here)
 
Swedenme wrote:
They are very devious ,sneaky , and big , I was at Whitby holding fish and chips when one flew into me while 4 more landed at my feet expecting dinner unfortunately for them I had a tight grip on the boxes


You really have to be on your toes! One flew in over my shoulder from behind and snaffled a large bite of my crab sandwich......
 
Aug 2, 2018 05:28:00   #
nanna caz
 
Great yarn bombing! I had a seagull fly down & steal a potato cake from my hand when I was sitting at a picnic table at Queenscliff ( near Geelong Victoria Australia).
Aug 2, 2018 05:30:34   #
Maureen Therese (a regular here)
 
That is very pretty, but NO, the English seaside with stony beaches, and freezing cold water, does not appeal in the least. Give me warm, soft sand and pleasant temp. water any day.
Aug 2, 2018 05:32:50   #
lifeline
 
Brilliant picture. Is this on at the moment? I am off to Google it
Aug 2, 2018 05:33:37   #
beanscene (a regular here)
 
Maureen Therese wrote:
That is very pretty, but NO, the English seaside with stony beaches, and freezing cold water, does not appeal in the least. Give me warm, soft sand and pleasant temp. water any day.


Ooh a touch unfair and a bit of a generalisation! Sandy beach at Folkestone and gonna be 26 degrees there tomorrow....!


Aug 2, 2018 05:36:09   #
beanscene (a regular here)
 
lifeline wrote:
Brilliant picture. Is this on at the moment? I am off to Google it


Yes, it is. It went up on Wednesday in honour of a visit from Kaffe Fassett who is there on Saturday giving a talk. I can’t make that but will definitely be going to see the display. It’s expected to be in place for a couple of years - weather permitting I guess. I haven’t spotted my contribution from the photo yet!!
Google Purl Queens
 
Aug 2, 2018 05:36:25   #
knitteerli
 
The UK is having a heatwave this year and there are hundreds of long golden sandy beaches. I’d go in a minute, but I’d eat my nuclear dinner under cover. I’d have a nice spot to knit or read, and cool off occasionally with a quick dip.
Aug 2, 2018 05:36:45   #
Mary Cardiff (a regular here)
 
We have lots of sandy beaches here in the uk,all alone the north west coast,sandy beaches,Lots in wales also,
Love fish and chips on the beach,have been bad and feed the seagulls,
Aug 2, 2018 05:36:59   #
Sukiesue (a regular here)
 
Our seagulls here are a little(underlined) better behaved, not heard of any 'stealing' but you never know. We do have the best fish & chips & they're best enjoyed walking along the seafront, something about fresh air enhances the taste! Wouldn't mind a visit to see the yarn bombing though, don't have anything like it here but I keep hoping! We have signs saying not to feed the seagulls but people still do & that is the problem!
At the moment the sea is warm & we've had scorching sun but even when cooler it's refreshing, so tiring when it's so hot. By the way, we have TWO AND A HALF MILES OF GOLDEN SANDS here, lots of sandy beaches in south west England!!
Aug 2, 2018 05:38:50   #
beanscene (a regular here)
 
knitteerli wrote:
The UK is having a heatwave this year and there are hundreds of long golden sandy beaches. I’d go in a minute, but I’d eat my nuclear dinner under cover. I’d have a nice spot to knit or read, and cool off occasionally with a quick dip.


Simply can’t beat the UK for seaside when we get this sort of weather!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.