Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
Easy K2tog bind off
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 next>>
Nov 15, 2018 19:05:27   #
ChocPieMom
 
From the Sprial Staircase Shawl pattern cast off loosely as follows:
K2, *K2tog, use left needle to slip stitch back onto it with needles pointing the same way, rep from * to end. Pull yarn through last st.

I will be teaching this easy bind off in the future.
 
Nov 15, 2018 19:55:22   #
njbetsy
 
That's the bind off my mother taught me and she was a combination knitter. I prefer that method.
Nov 15, 2018 19:57:13   #
Yarn Happy
 
that I would love to see
Nov 15, 2018 20:02:48   #
MarilynKnits (a regular here)
 
It gives a reasonably stretchy bind off finish, too. I like this and I also like the crochet bind off. https://impeccableknits.wordpress.com/tutorials-tips-tricks/crochet-bind-off/ shows how to do it. It is the fastest bind off I have found.
ChocPieMom wrote:
From the Sprial Staircase Shawl pattern cast off loosely as follows:
K2, *K2tog, use left needle to slip stitch back onto it with needles pointing the same way, rep from * to end. Pull yarn through last st.

I will be teaching this easy bind off in the future.
Nov 15, 2018 21:02:42   #
gardenlady4012 (a regular here)
 
I’m not understanding “ with needles pointing the same way”.
Nov 15, 2018 21:41:50   #
jmcret05 (a regular here)
 
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiral-staircase-shawl

The pattern reads: Cast off loosely as follows: *k2 tog, return st to left needle – rep from * to end. Pull yarn through last st.

If that is the correct pattern, it doesn't read as you have it. Am I missing something?

What you have sounds like the Stretchy Bind Off here - https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/stretchy-bind-off-stich-knitting-tutorial-2115677
 
Nov 16, 2018 01:41:25   #
ChocPieMom
 
gardenlady4012 wrote:
I’m not understanding “ with needles pointing the same way”.

To slip the resulting stitch back to the left hand needle it is easiest to slip the stitch from the right hand needle to the left hand needle with the needles beside one another rather than tip to tip. I hope that clears up your question.
Nov 16, 2018 01:49:35   #
ChocPieMom
 
jmcret05 wrote:
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiral-staircase-shawl

The pattern reads: Cast off loosely as follows: *k2 tog, return st to left needle – rep from * to end. Pull yarn through last st.

If that is the correct pattern, it doesn't read as you have it. Am I missing something?

What you have sounds like the Stretchy Bind Off here - https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/stretchy-bind-off-stich-knitting-tutorial-2115677


Yes that is the correct pattern. I tried to explain the bind off a little more than the pattern did and how the resulting stitch was slipped back on the left hand needle. With this bind off the K2tog is done in the front of the stitches. With the spruce crafts bind off and most others I found, the k2tog is done in the back of the stitches, making it more difficult for a new knitter to understand.
Nov 16, 2018 03:05:44   #
GrumpyGramma (a regular here)
 
I like this kind of bind off. Here's another way to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEXVGon0uHg
Nov 16, 2018 05:43:10   #
Cashmere-Cat (a regular here)
 
I never knew about that, thank you. It looks so much easier to do.
Nov 16, 2018 06:04:05   #
gardenpoet (a regular here)
 
Here is Very Pink demonstrating it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbzeEg6XMwM
She does it in pattern (K the K stitches, P the P stitches)
 
Nov 16, 2018 06:11:38   #
gmomgil (a regular here)
 
GrumpyGramma wrote:
I like this kind of bind off. Here's another way to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEXVGon0uHg


I like this. Will try it next time I bind off.
Nov 16, 2018 06:34:19   #
Sukiesue (a regular here)
 
I learnt this cast off recently & I love using it as it's nice & stretchy!
Nov 16, 2018 07:53:22   #
betty boivin (a regular here)
 
Sounds like Jenny stretch bindoff! Use it most of the time.
Nov 16, 2018 08:21:13   #
Susie2016 (a regular here)
 
Interesting. I'm going to try it when I need to bind off.
Page: 1 2 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.