Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
How cruel....
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 next>>
Mar 22, 2019 20:02:53   #
norma goodrich
 
PETA newsmanager@peta.org via server8839.e-activist.com
9:02 AM (7 hours ago)

Reply

to me


ACTION ALERT
Dear Norma,

Sheep and lambs who are abused and slaughtered for their wool need your help.

Online fashion retailer boohoo group—whose brands include boohoo, boohooMAN, PrettyLittleThing, and Nasty Gal—decided to go back on its promise to PETA to ban wool, despite knowing how sheep are abused in the industry and that wool is damaging to the environment.



One video exposé after another by PETA and our affiliates has shown that sheep are mutilated, tormented, and sometimes skinned alive, even for "responsibly sourced" wool on self-described "sustainable" farms. This abuse is rampant in the wool industry.

Please ask boohoo to stand by its initial, compassionate decision and become the first global fashion brand to ban wool:


Take Action Now

Thank you for your compassion.

Sincerely,



This e-mail was sent t
 
Mar 22, 2019 20:05:37   #
Beachgirl1000 (a regular here)
 
What is the point you are trying to make?
Mar 22, 2019 20:14:19   #
deenashoemaker (a regular here)
 
Bull pucky!
Mar 22, 2019 20:27:13   #
Pauli
 
I am very confused here. All the sheep farms I know of do not kill the sheep to get the wool. They have shearing season (in the warm weather) where they shave the wool off the sheep. The sheep are then very well cared for so they grow a new coat for the next year's shearing. As for abusing the sheep I can't say anything about that as I have never seen that from any of the farms I know about.
Mar 22, 2019 20:28:41   #
deenashoemaker (a regular here)
 
Pauli wrote:
I am very confused here. All the sheep farms I know of do not kill the sheep to get the wool. They have shearing season (in the warm weather) where they shave the wool off the sheep. The sheep are then very well cared for so they grow a new coat for the next year's shearing. As for abusing the sheep I can't say anything about that as I have never seen that from any of the farms I know about.


You are correct. PETA is sooo extreme and unfortunately, some people believe them..
Mar 22, 2019 20:31:02   #
farmlady
 
norma goodrich wrote:
PETA newsmanager@peta.org via server8839.e-activist.com
9:02 AM (7 hours ago)

Reply

to me


ACTION ALERT
Dear Norma,

Sheep and lambs who are abused and slaughtered for their wool need your help.

Online fashion retailer boohoo group—whose brands include boohoo, boohooMAN, PrettyLittleThing, and Nasty Gal—decided to go back on its promise to PETA to ban wool, despite knowing how sheep are abused in the industry and that wool is damaging to the environment.



One video exposé after another by PETA and our affiliates has shown that sheep are mutilated, tormented, and sometimes skinned alive, even for "responsibly sourced" wool on self-described "sustainable" farms. This abuse is rampant in the wool industry.

Please ask boohoo to stand by its initial, compassionate decision and become the first global fashion brand to ban wool:


Take Action Now

Thank you for your compassion.

Sincerely,



This e-mail was sent t
PETA newsmanager@peta.org via server8839.e-activis... (show quote)

Just where did you get this so called information that is just plain crap?
In the first place if the sheep are abused or tortured it would affect the wool and just why would they be skinned for wool?
How is wool damaging the environment??? My family raised sheep for wool when I was growing up.
None of it even makes any sense.
 
Mar 22, 2019 20:43:15   #
diamondbelle
 
Sheep are sheared annually, so killing the sheep instead of shearing them means they would have to be replaced each year - that doesn't make sense.
Mar 22, 2019 20:43:57   #
Fan (a regular here)
 
OMG that is just unbelievable that they would print such utter rubbish. They obviously have no idea about sheep farming.
Wool is biodegradable and rots in the ground, so does not pollute the environment. Sheep are shorn each year to remove the long winter fleece and keep them cooler in the summer months.
Mar 22, 2019 20:44:47   #
laurelarts (a regular here)
 
i'm sorry, I do not believe this. Pauli is correct they do not kill sheep for the wool.
Mar 22, 2019 20:45:19   #
targa416 (a regular here)
 
Further to what others have said, what would this topic be doing in the MAIN section of Knitting Paradise!
Mar 22, 2019 20:46:54   #
eerichar
 
Life is damaging to the environment.
 
Mar 22, 2019 20:58:53   #
gr8 (a regular here)
 
PETA lost any credibility it had with me when it protested Obama swatting fly off his sleeve - they claimed he "killed the little guy instantly" - how could they could tell if he killed it of if it flew away? - ridiculous. and the original post above strikes me a more nonsense
Mar 22, 2019 21:03:14   #
GrumpyGramma (a regular here)
 
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Mar 22, 2019 21:05:49   #
deenashoemaker (a regular here)
 
gr8 wrote:
PETA lost any credibility it had with me when it protested Obama swatting fly off his sleeve - they claimed he "killed the little guy instantly" - how could they could tell if he killed it of if it flew away? - ridiculous. and the original post above strikes me a more nonsense


They lost me when I called them to pick up a stray and they said it will be euthanize. I asked 'why', they replied with ' they're not in the business of running a shelter.
Mar 22, 2019 21:06:50   #
dunnville89 (a regular here)
 
I always said sheep are my favorite animals because they give me wool and they don't have to be killed to get it. I think PETA is entirely wrong here. I don't like radical anything and they are radical.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.