Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
Foulard Scarf Pattern Question
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 next>>
Mar 25, 2019 22:50:15   #
tieman7
 
Can anyone tell e the name of this stitch in English? In the pattern it is called "Devil Stitch”which I find no where on line:


 
Mar 25, 2019 22:57:43   #
Glenysm
 
I am knitting the kindness shawl, and just finished the lace mesh part this looks very similar, perhaps you could check it out
Mar 25, 2019 23:13:35   #
Magna84 (a regular here)
 
Diagonal mesh stitch??
http://www.knitting-bee.com/knitting-stitch-library/eyelet-stitches/diagonal-eyelet-mesh-stitch
Mar 25, 2019 23:17:52   #
Becca (a regular here)
 
Looks similar to the ringlet stitch. Unfortunately there seem to be a few of them. What is the name of the pattern?
Mar 26, 2019 01:33:12   #
Judy M (a regular here)
 
Irish Eyelet Mesh?
https://knittingunlimited.blogspot(DOT)com/2014/05/eyelet-stitch-pattern-1-irish-mesh.html

Change (DOT) to . after you copy it.
Mar 26, 2019 03:13:09   #
laceluvr (a regular here)
 
This one is not exactly the same; but pretty close IMO.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/a-ladys-mantle
 
Mar 26, 2019 05:51:15   #
JackieS (a regular here)
 
Yes, laceluvr, I think that's it! Cute stitch pattern.
Mar 26, 2019 06:56:59   #
targa416 (a regular here)
 
I think this is the scarf pattern that tieman7 (OP) is making:

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/foulard-4
Mar 26, 2019 08:40:49   #
frannie di (a regular here)
 
Devil stitch :
row 1 : sl2, k2, *Yo, p3, bind of the 1st stitch over the 2 following purl stitches
*, finish with k3.
rows 2 and 4: sl2, purl all the following stitches and finish the row with k2.
row 3 : sl2, k1, *k3, ind of the 1st stitch over the 2 following knit stitches, Yo*,
finish with k4.
Mar 26, 2019 09:42:17   #
eppe (a regular here)
 
thanks for links
Mar 26, 2019 11:31:40   #
JTM (a regular here)
 
Judy M wrote:
Irish Eyelet Mesh?
https://knittingunlimited.blogspot(DOT)com/2014/05/eyelet-stitch-pattern-1-irish-mesh.html

Change (DOT) to . after you copy it.

If you actually put the , in the link, it becomes a clickable link. Doing the (dot) means anyone wanting to go to that page will have to type it in
 
Mar 26, 2019 12:27:17   #
gr8 (a regular here)
 
JTM wrote:
If you actually put the , in the link, it becomes a clickable link. Doing the (dot) means anyone wanting to go to that page will have to type it in

often I add a link and KP rejects my reply. In order to post the link I have to spell out D O T and then it will accept the reply
Mar 26, 2019 17:40:47   #
CBB
 
This looks similar, but without the horizontal bar. The "yo in reverse" looks to me to be the standard yarn-round-needle done when you need a yo before a purl stitch.
http://www.knittingfool.com/StitchIndex/StitchDetail3.aspx?stitchid=741
Mar 26, 2019 18:44:42   #
Jessica-Jean (a regular here)
 
targa416 wrote:
I think this is the scarf pattern that tieman7 (OP) is making:

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/foulard-4
Thank you!
Mar 26, 2019 18:47:17   #
Jessica-Jean (a regular here)
 
tieman7 wrote:
Can anyone tell e the name of this stitch in English? In the pattern it is called "Devil Stitch" which I find no where on line:
Chances are that there are several names for it. You have the pattern, so what does it matter by what name it's called?
Page: 1 2 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.