I have returned to this site after several year absence. I have also changed my user name. I now live in Inland Empire in SoCal. I rent a room and don't have room to have, let alone store all of my
knitting machines and accessories. I have decided to sell all of my Brother items. I have tried to contact Custom Knits & Manufacturing in Minnesota but the site has been down for weeks. Also have been advised that Knit It Now classified section has been pulled from site due to technical problems. I don't want to deal with E-Bay, don't have Facebook accounts or Twitter. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can safely sell my machines and items. All are packed. I have no pictures. Not technically savy, so no smart phone. HELP!
Are you near any yarn stores? Kind of hard to do this on line without pictures or other info, you may have to sell locally.
You can sell on the Facebook group Country Machine Knitting Sales.
You could check if there is a local or close by Knitting Guild. Or maybe a friend that does have access to social media could help you get the information out there. Kijiji, Craigslist or Marketplace on FB are places to start. Good luck.
Craig's List/Inland Empire. I've found my three machines there.
List them in the Buy and Sell section right here in KP! No cost and a BIG marketplace.
You might think about indicating US shipping only.
What do you have that you want to sell?
The custom knits and manufacturing site is still working but it's classified as unsafe. Sounds scary but in fact is less so. It's to do with google asking clients to pay extra money to ensure their site it more safe than previous versions. If clients chose not to pay google places an extra detail in the website link stating the site is no longer secure. Basically they're more prone to hacking than previously but their site is still operational.
Hi: I received your e-mail about what I have for sale. I will list what I have; I do want to get rid of items. There are 6 different pieces.
1. Brother 890 punch card, bought from Newton's Knits. Machine complete with tools, punch cards, instruction cards, and extra goodies. Asking $450 plus shipping.
2. Brother 930 electronic machine. Purchased from Custom Knits Sept, 2017. Machine cleaned, new sponge bar. Electronics working at that time; Stitchworld I and II under separate cover. $465. plus shipping.
3. Brother KR 900 ribber. Purchased 12/2018 Newton's Knits. Complete tools and weights. Short spare needles and case? instruction book, etc. $250 plus shipping
4. Brother KL111 Knit Contour/Radar. Purchased from Custom Knits. Can do full sized patterns. Two mylar sheets and rulers,instruction book and patterns that come with machine. Extra atricles and book I printed off internet "Getting the Knick-Knack-A picture guide for beginners. $55.00 plus shipping.
5. Brother intarsia carriage 8210. Complete with instruction book. I have not used. Looks new. $40. plus shipping
6. Brother KG89IIE G carriage. Purchased from Custom Knits. Compatible with Brother 890 and 930 KMs. Carriage is yellowed. All parts and pieces there. Mylars are there and extra book on G carriage designs that can be punched. $240 plus shipping.
I have no pictures, Pay Pal account. Item will be shipped after payment has been transferred into my bank account. Buyer pays shipping costs.
Thank you for your interest. Diane Pederson 1-931-628-1059
Hi: Thank you for your response. I wasn't sure if there are guidelines about selling such as posting so many messages before being allowed to list items for sale, etc. I will check this out. Thank you.