Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
Main
World Wide Knit in Public Day
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 next>>
May 21, 2019 14:16:50   #
Patty Sutter (a regular here)
 
I put this in our local paper this week
........
World Wide Knit in Public Day

June 8, 2019
2 locations locally.
In front of Now and Then 126 River Street, Elk Rapids 10am - 2pm
Warm Fuzzy 9046 Helena Rd, Alden, 10am – 5pm
Bring your own chair and project, we will have extra supplies for those away from thier projects.
Join us for fun as we sit, knit and talk to curious passers-by. Remember, you will be knitting with others around the world!
...........
Elk Rapids and Alden, Michigan (North of TC)
 
May 21, 2019 14:23:02   #
rob529
 
We in Brownwood TX, dead center of TX, are participating. Really looking forward to it
May 21, 2019 14:36:42   #
grannyfly81
 
Haven't heard anything for my area yet. I am between Frederick and Hagerstown Maryland. Hope they do something I would love to do it
May 21, 2019 14:41:43   #
IndigoSpinner (a regular here)
 
grannyfly81 wrote:
Haven't heard anything for my area yet. I am between Frederick and Hagerstown Maryland. Hope they do something I would love to do it


You don't need any kind of sanction or group to knit in public. I do it all the time. Just find a park bench, bus seat, doctor's office waiting room, or any place in public and knit.

I do it all the time.
May 21, 2019 16:07:39   #
Anne in Dunedin
 
Our group will be knitting at the city library.
May 21, 2019 19:19:51   #
grannyfly81
 
I knit/crochet at work during lunch almost every day. I also take something with me to appointments or if I have to wait for anything or someone. I love to be able to have to sit and wait.
 
May 21, 2019 19:26:15   #
Butterfly1943
 
I always take something to knit or crochet with me whenever I go to doctor appointments or to get work done on my car. I would go nuts waiting otherwise.
May 22, 2019 06:51:55   #
albie
 
forgot mine yesterday...was in a hurry for DH's heart appt....longest damn 15 min ever....usually keep a hat in car....cleaned out and never put hat back in....NOW am all set...2 hats in back of car...i have my yarn he has his widgets/gadgets...all Drs. & nurses want to know what i am making now....usually hats,scarves,mittems...OR a very easy/simple baby afghan...
May 22, 2019 07:04:31   #
susanmjackson (a regular here)
 
I belong to a knit group that meets twice a week, once in the morning and once in the evening. We meet in the food court of a local grocery store and attract attention on a regular basis. People always want to know what we are making and many have stories of a grandma, mother, aunt, sister friend... who also Knits or Crochets.
May 22, 2019 07:10:32   #
Sewinglady68
 
I knit every day at home. I'll sit out on the driveway and that will have to be my public knitting. In my working years, I would knit at lunch. It's nice to see so many people enjoying knitting. Seeing people knitting really does inspire younger people to at least ask questions about knitting, and, quite a few will go on to learn. Once you pick up knitting needles and yarn, you're hooked for life!
May 22, 2019 07:14:57   #
betty boivin (a regular here)
 
I knit when waiting, for hubby, doctor, dentist, hairdresser, etc. And THÉ MONT TRICOT wool shop in sutton, has knit outs on board walk in front of shop
 
May 22, 2019 08:16:02   #
Runner Girl (a regular here)
 
I never leave home without my knitting/crochet bag when I am headed to an appointment. I hate sitting, waiting around with nothing to do. My husband always tells me that I don’t know how to sit and do nothing!
May 22, 2019 08:40:22   #
Patty Sutter (a regular here)
 
Patty Sutter wrote:
I put this in our local paper this week
........
World Wide Knit in Public Day

June 8, 2019
2 locations locally.
In front of Now and Then 126 River Street, Elk Rapids 10am - 2pm
Warm Fuzzy 9046 Helena Rd, Alden, 10am – 5pm
Bring your own chair and project, we will have extra supplies for those away from thier projects.
Join us for fun as we sit, knit and talk to curious passers-by. Remember, you will be knitting with others around the world!
...........
Elk Rapids and Alden, Michigan (North of TC)
I put this in our local paper this week br .......... (show quote)


Now and Then is now at 114 River Street
Oops
May 22, 2019 09:03:28   #
judysbg42
 
IndigoSpinner wrote:
You don't need any kind of sanction or group to knit in public. I do it all the time. Just find a park bench, bus seat, doctor's office waiting room, or any place in public and knit.

I do it all the time.


Me too! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
May 22, 2019 09:39:08   #
dauntiekay (a regular here)
 
You are not far from TC--just wondering if there are places in TC that will be doing the knitting in public. Interesting!
Page: 1 2 next>>
Main
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.