Knitting Tea Party Friday 16 August ‘19Coconut Curry Chicken Salad
Servings 2 servings
Calories 386 kcal
1/4 cup coconut milk mix it well before measuring
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
2 teaspoons Splenda or sugar
3/4 teaspoon curry powder any kind
salt & pepper to taste
2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
1 large celery stalk chopped
2 green onions chopped (all the white and most of the green parts)
1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut toasted
2 tablespoons almonds toasted and chopped
1. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, mayonnaise, vinegar, Splenda, curry powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
2. Pour cubed chicken, celery, onion and cilantro into the bowl and stir to coat in sauce.
3. Divide into two portions and top with coconut and almonds. Serve with bread or crackers.http://laurenslatest.com/coconut-curry-chicken-salad-and-giveaway/?ref=convertkit&ck_subscriber_id=470125374
[color=red]Lemon Herb Garlic Butter Shrimp
Calories: 306 kcal
Author: Katerina | Diethood
1.5 to 2 pounds fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail left ON
4 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
1. Using paper towels, pat dry shrimp, thoroughly; set aside.
2. Set a large skillet over medium high heat and melt 3 tablespoons butter.
3. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add shrimp; season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
5. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side.
6. Add remaining butter, lemon juice, and fresh herbs; stir and cook for 1 more minute, or until butter is melted and shrimp is completely pink and opaque.
7. Remove from heat; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Serve.
Note: Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.http://diethood.com/lemon-herb-garlic-butter-shrimp/Zesty Cabbage Soup
2 cups finely chopped onion
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 (8-ounce) can no-salt tomato sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 cups water
3 cups shredded green cabbage
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Coat a soup pot with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook onions until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, process tomatoes in blender or food processor about 30 seconds.
3. Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, and water into pot with onions.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
5. Stir in cabbage and brown sugar. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.http://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Soup-Recipes/Zesty-Cabbage-Soup-7190No Noodle Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna
Author: Julie Wunder
2 large zucchini
1/4 teaspoon salt plus an additional pinch, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
16 oz Portobello mushrooms sliced
30 ounces skim milk ricotta
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons fresh parsley 2 teaspoons dried
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 25 oz jar of pasta sauce I like garlic & basil for flavor
1. Slice the zucchini with a mandolin into 3/16th thick slices.
2. Put in a strainer and lightly sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit 10 minutes and blot with paper towels as you see moisture. You are trying to get as much moisture out of the zucchini as possible.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9x13 casserole dish
4. Over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil with half of the salt and pepper. Cook until tender 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
5. Dry zucchini strips well and lay out on cookie sheets. Sprinkle both sides with the rest of the salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, flipping once. Carefully dry off any moisture.
6. While zucchini is roasting mix the ricotta, eggs, parmesan, and parsley in a bowl. Set aside.
7. Once the zucchini is roasted, you can start layering the lasagna.
8. Start with a thin layer of pasta sauce. Add 1/3 of the zucchini noodles.
9. Carefully top with 1/2 the ricotta, 1/2 mushrooms and 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
11. Finish with a last layer of the zucchini noodles and the rest of the shredded cheese.
12. Cover with foil and bake for 45- 50 minutes. Remove foil after 20 minutes. Rest 10 minutes before serving.
Note: There may still be some additional moisture in the lasagna when you first cut it. Allow a paper towel to soak it up after you cut the first piece and that should take care of it!http://www.runninginaskirt.com/no-noodle-vegetarian-zucchini-lasagna/Honey Apricot Pork Chops
Author: Christie Biggers
4 boneless pork chops
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
4 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels, and sprinkle both sides with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the chops well on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
3. Stir in honey, apricots, and garlic; cover, and simmer until the pork is tender, about 8 minutes.
Note: An instant-read thermometer, inserted into the center of a chop, should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
4. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve chops topped with the apricots and pan juices.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 7.8 g fat; 13.3 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 122 mg sodium.http://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/217136/honey-apricot-pork-chops/?prop26=dailydish&prop25=413366&prop27=2019-08-08&did=413366-20190808&utm_campaign=alrcom-daily-dish_newsletter&utm_source=allrecipes.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=080819&cid=413366&mid=23414318747Mexican Stuffed Peppers
5 capsicum / peppers , large about 12cm/4.5" tall
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped (brown, white, yellow)
3 garlic cloves , minced
350g/12 oz ground beef (mince), lean
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 1/4 cups (315 ml) chicken broth/stock , low sodium
1/2 cup white rice, long or medium grain, raw
1 cup corn kernels
1 cup green onions, finely sliced (or red onion)
1 1/2 cups (150g) mozzarella , shredded
1/2 cup (125 ml) water
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
1.5 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh coriander/cilantro, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Using a small knife, cut around the top of the capsicum at downwards 45 degree angle. Remove top, empty seeds. If capsicum bottoms aren't quite level, cut so they'll sit flat. (Be careful to cut off as little as possible so you don'' accidentally cut a hole in the bottom.)
3. Place capsicums in a baking dish that will fit them snugly
4.Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it's all changed from pink to brown.
6. Add the tomato paste and Spices, stir through.
7. Add chicken broth and rice. Stir, bring to simmer, place lid on and lower heat to medium low.
8. Cook for 13 - 15 minutes until rice is JUST cooked - mixture should be fairly loose still at this stage, not thick and stodgy.
9. Stir in the corn kernels and green onion.
10. Spoon half the filling into the prepared capsicums.
11. Top with half the cheese, then fill to top with remaining beef rice.
12. Place capsicum lids back on, pour 1/2 cup water into the pan.
13. Cover tightly with foil, bake 45 minutes.
14. Remove foil and capsicum lids. Top with remaining cheese. Bake further 15 minutes.
15. Serve with sour cream and Guacamole!
Calories: 387kcal (19%)Carbohydrates: 36g (12%)Protein: 27g (54%)Fat: 15g (23%)Saturated Fat: 7g (44%)Cholesterol: 70mg (23%)Sodium: 971mg (42%)Potassium: 856mg (24%)Fiber: 5g (21%)Sugar: 9g (10%)Vitamin A: 4413IU (88%)Vitamin C: 166mg (201%)Calcium: 232mg (23%)Iron: 4mg (22%)https://www.recipetineats.com/mexican-stuffed-peppers/Chuck Roast with Balsamic and Dijon
2-3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
4 pounds Chuck Roast
1 medium to large yellow onion, chopped
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
5 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
2 bunches small carrots, with tops (cut off tops leaving a small stub)
1 pound very small baby potatoes, white or red
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Heat oil in a large dutch oven over high heat. Season chuck roast well with salt and pepper, add to pan and brown well on all sides (a few minutes a side). Remove roast and set aside.
3. Add chopped onion to drippings in pot and reduce heat to medium. Saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, increase heat to medium-high and boil until reduced and slightly syrupy, about 4-5 more minutes. Stir in Dijon.
4. Set roast on top of onions in pot. Pour in 2 cups beef broth and add thyme sprigs. Cover and place in oven for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until very tender.
5. Add carrots and potatoes to pot and return to oven. Continue cooking until carrots and potatoes are tender, 30-60 minutes more. Season well then serve and enjoy!
Note: If making in a crockpot, follow directions through step 3 then add to crockpot. Cook 8 hours on low and add the carrots and potatoes halfway through. For the Instant Pot, cook on high 50 minutes, QPR.http://www.thewickednoodle.com/chuck-roast/#_a5y_p=3048081Beef Baby Back Ribs with Jack Daniels Glaze
Author: Judith Hanneman
4 lbs beef baby back ribs
1/2 cup good bbq sauce
2 tbs whole grain mustard
2 tbs Jack Daniels
2 tbs kosher salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp summer savory optional
1/2 tbs chipotle chili powder
1/2 tbs paprika preferably smoked
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbs brown sugar
1. Mix all rub ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Prepare ribs by removing the sliver skin (membrane from the back of the ribs.)
3. Massage rub over front and back of the rib slabs. Place in a large zipper freezer bag and refrigerate overnight.
4. Mix all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Prepare gas grill for indirect cooking--you will cook over the unlit side--by heating the interior of the grill to approximately 325 degrees Place ribs, bone side down on unit side and roast for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
6. Brush both sides of the ribs with glaze and move to the lit side of the grill. Grill each side until glaze bubbles.
7. Oven method: Proceed as above placing ribs on a roasting rack and baking at 325 degrees F for same amount of time. Remove from oven and set broiler to high. Brush with glaze and broil for about 5 minutes each side until glaze is bubbly.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 692kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 64g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 4176mg | Potassium: 1333mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 827IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 8mghttp://bakeatmidnite.com/jack-daniels-beef-baby-back-ribs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheMidnightBaker+%28Midnight+Baker%29SUMMER VEGETABLE TACOS
FOR THE TACOS
2 tablespoons avocado oil, or prefered cooking oil
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
1 jalapeno, cored and diced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup corn kernels
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground chili powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 14-ounce can black beans, whole or refried
1 tomato, finely chopped
FOR THE AVOCADO CREAM
1/4 cup lime juice, about 2 limes
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, (optional)
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the zucchini, bell pepper, corn, onion, and jalapeno. Sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika and salt. Stir to combine. Cook for about 10 minutes, until vegetables have softened and are light golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the avocado cream by combining the ingredients in a blender. Add 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to thin. Set aside.
3. Once vegetables are done cooking, serve them in warm tortillas with black beans and tomato. Top with avocado cream, and enjoy!
calories: 203kcal, carbohydrates: 24g, protein: 4g, fat: 12g, saturated fat: 2g, sodium: 280mg, potassium: 480mg, fiber: 6g, sugar: 3g, vitamin a: 915iu, vitamin c: 35.8mg, calcium: 36mg, iron: 1.1mghttp://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/summer-vegetable-tacos/#more-30085