Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
What's everyone doing today, I'm laid up bored, and would love to
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
Aug 22, 2019 10:22:07   #
janallynbob (a regular here)
 
Talk about each persons wonderful projects, or not so wonderful projects, I know this type of subject has been posted many times, but what the heck, different countries, different weather, and wonderful yarns to explore, we all have ideas, thoughts and life to look at, happy is as happy does, lol, even if it's frogging,

Janallyn
 
Aug 22, 2019 10:23:52   #
LilgirlCA
 
I'm making an afghan for a friend and starting to think of what to make for Christmas family gifts
Aug 22, 2019 10:25:49   #
janallynbob (a regular here)
 
LilgirlCA wrote:
I'm making an afghan for a friend and starting to think of what to make for Christmas family gifts


Thank you, what's the weather like there? Miserable here, but it's Florida, lol,

Janallyn
Aug 22, 2019 10:32:02   #
elliekluge
 
Good morning Janallyn!
Currently I'm knitting an Aran tunic for my daughter for Christmas. It's a dark green (her choice) and, because she's an adult, it will take some time! (22" from underarm to hem) Just finished 4 Christmas Stockings with Santa faces. Those were commissioned and the money will help fund gifts for my family. I'm stitching a capote (long coat) for my husband for Christmas. It's a 1700's design and is wool that's blanket stitched together with wool yarn. I've completed 2 pair of socks recently for gifts. There is another white Aran sweater in my future that's also commissioned. Maybe in the dreaded winter I will be free to knit for myself.....LOL
Aug 22, 2019 10:36:07   #
janallynbob (a regular here)
 
elliekluge wrote:
Good morning Janallyn!
Currently I'm knitting an Aran tunic for my daughter for Christmas. It's a dark green (her choice) and, because she's an adult, it will take some time! (22" from underarm to hem) Just finished 4 Christmas Stockings with Santa faces. Those were commissioned and the money will help fund gifts for my family. I'm stitching a capote (long coat) for my husband for Christmas. It's a 1700's design and is wool that's blanket stitched together with wool yarn. I've completed 2 pair of socks recently for gifts. There is another white Aran sweater in my future that's also commissioned. Maybe in the dreaded winter I will be free to knit for myself.....LOL
Good morning Janallyn! br Currently I'm knitting... (show quote)


Wow, can you send pictures if you are comfortable, a design from the 1700's, I can't imagine, but sure would love to see, not the pattern, just the beauty and craft of it,

Janallyn
Aug 22, 2019 10:37:39   #
sdftrace
 
Hi Janallyn -
I had a few projects to get completed today as well as some planning - needed an "O" ring for decoration on a dress. Jolly difficult to find, but managed to find something in the end. Also have to finish a new dishcloth, nearly there. But all the while I'm planning what I can make out of the most wonderful London scenes cotton fabric (which I bought yesterday) for a relative who visited here recently, lots of ideas but which one to choose?? Finally I need to get the interfacing onto the dress. Did I mention ironing, no? Then perhaps I can forget that. We have lovely warm sunny weather here, which is a bonus. Love your posts Janallyn.
Best wishes everyone for your day whatever the weather. I look forward to hearing from everyone.
 
Aug 22, 2019 10:37:40   #
itip2
 
Knitting a prayer shawl for my church, totting up the number of pairs of socks I have to do by Christmas and beginning to panic!
Aug 22, 2019 10:40:16   #
Ellebelle (a regular here)
 
janallynbob wrote:
Talk about each persons wonderful projects, or not so wonderful projects, I know this type of subject has been posted many times, but what the heck, different countries, different weather, and wonderful yarns to explore, we all have ideas, thoughts and life to look at, happy is as happy does, lol, even if it's frogging,

Janallyn


Hi Janallyn

Working on scraps pile. Multicoloured afghan bedspread. Mostly acrylic yarn doubled and worked with a big big hook. All in half double crochet in very back loop - for a shaker look. Have about five inches of ninety done so far. Long Term Project.

Making hats and scarves for local women's shelter between afghan sessions.


Aug 22, 2019 10:46:25   #
littlebunny (a regular here)
 
The heat wave is over and the rain has paused, so weather is better. I've been making Tiny Hats for Tiny Babies. Today I'm hosting a "Come Tie One On" lunch at church. Bob made chicken salad. Some of my lady friends will come to eat and help tie the notes to the hats. So, eat, visit, have some fun, do a good deed. As the song says It's gonna be a great day.
Aug 22, 2019 10:48:06   #
janallynbob (a regular here)
 
littlebunny wrote:
The heat wave is over and the rain has paused, so weather is better. I've been making Tiny Hats for Tiny Babies. Today I'm hosting a "Come Tie One On" lunch at church. Bob made chicken salad. Some of my lady friends will come to eat and help tie the notes to the hats. So, eat, visit, have some fun, do a good deed. As the song says It's gonna be a great day.


It sounds so wonderful, tie one on for me, lol, you know what I mean, I hope,

Janallyn
Aug 22, 2019 10:49:37   #
pjcoldren
 
Today is Thursday, so I am knitting mittens for the Mitten Tree at the Hen House Restaurant in Saint Helen, MI. A group of us meets there once a week to work on projects, not always for the mitten tree (although I always knit for charity on Thursday). Anyone in the area is welcome to join us - crocheters, small loom weavers, spinners . . . come on in!

P.J.
 
Aug 22, 2019 10:52:25   #
boring knit (a regular here)
 
Hello Janallyn. I been in the garden picking loads of beans and courgettes. Also apples and pears. Cooked dinner. I have sewn together a little sweater and I am thinking of making another in self patterning yarn for my grand daughter. What are you up to today. bye the way the weather is dry.
Aug 22, 2019 10:54:49   #
LindaH (a regular here)
 
I am working on my Drift cardigan as well as re-knitting the sock length on the socks I mentioned yesterday. I just have to figure out how to get both socks on 1 long cable.
Aug 22, 2019 10:55:17   #
janallynbob (a regular here)
 
boring knit wrote:
Hello Janallyn. I been in the garden picking loads of beans and courgettes. Also apples and pears. Cooked dinner. I have sewn together a little sweater and I am thinking of making another in self patterning yarn for my grand daughter. What are you up to today. bye the way the weather is dry.


I'm just hanging out, waiting for stitches to heal, working on a shawl, but I'm going cross eyed, it's not difficult, just boring, gotta laugh, thank you,

Janallyn
Aug 22, 2019 10:57:41   #
mamamia (a regular here)
 
Hi there. Currently I'm not knitting but embroidering 3 towel sets of mr and mrs snowman. When finished I'll knit 3 snowmen. One One set for daughter one for son and one for me. At the moment I am sitting at Baltimore Washington airport waiting to fly home to Los. Angeles.
Page: 1 2 3 4 next>>
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.