Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
Feel on a roll today
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 next>>
Sep 3, 2019 10:22:10   #
Aisles (a regular here)
 
to day feels like a very productive day unlike yesterday.

I've been sorting out books for a friends book sale at her church and some for the charity shop. We have 100's of books both fiction and non fiction, plenty of study books as well.

I've given my hand cranked singer sewing machine it's 6monthly service. I've cleaned it, oiled it and checked and tighten all the loose fittings and screws, all cogs have been checked for wear and tare, given a light brushing with a wire brush and put back.

Just need to check the tension on some scrap fabric and make any required minor adjustments. Then I can get on with finishing the Christmas embroidery and patchwork wall hanging.

I've also harvested some potates, beans and the last of the baby carrots.
 
Sep 3, 2019 10:36:42   #
gozolady (a regular here)
 
Aisles wrote:
to day feels like a very productive day unlike yesterday.

I've been sorting out books for a friends book sale at her church and some for the charity shop. We have 100's of books both fiction and non fiction, plenty of study books as well.

I've given my hand cranked singer sewing machine it's 6monthly service. I've cleaned it, oiled it and checked and tighten all the loose fittings and screws, all cogs have been checked for wear and tare, given a light brushing with a wire brush and put back.

Just need to check the tension on some scrap fabric and make any required minor adjustments. Then I can get on with finishing the Christmas embroidery and patchwork wall hanging.

I've also harvested some potates, beans and the last of the baby carrots.
to day feels like a very productive day unlike yes... (show quote)


Well done. It's a great feeling getting things done and organised eh?
Sep 3, 2019 10:40:35   #
gmomgil (a regular here)
 
I'm exhausted.
Sep 3, 2019 10:43:44   #
Kay Knits
 
My you have had a really productive day!!!
Sep 3, 2019 10:54:45   #
flitri (a regular here)
 
You have been really busy.
Sep 3, 2019 11:03:46   #
Aisles (a regular here)
 
Thank you ladies and the day is not over yet I have a sink full of washing up to tackle, a chickpea and potato curry (chana aloo) to make. A light bulb to change but I felt a wee bit vunerable getting the bulb out as I'm not supposed to go up ladders so I'll leave that for someone else to finish sorting it out.

Oh yes and I'm thinking of make stewed apples with ginger, cinamon and sultana dumblings in my slow cooker as I have vegeble suet to use up.
 
Sep 3, 2019 11:04:19   #
slowyarn
 
Today I was the morning chauffeur, took husband for bloodwork, get broken glasses fixed, return library book, post office to mail letter, bank for shuffling money! Later will help son with yard work and take hubby to doctor appt. Right now doing computer stuff and checking my list twice.
Wish I had your skills with machinery and gardening.
Sep 3, 2019 11:18:07   #
lindseymary
 
i am now the same about ladders.One friend,who considers the second step of the step-stool the absolute limit,is great at holding my ladder and standing on the bottom step to steady it.We make a good team.Lindseymary
Sep 3, 2019 11:20:57   #
Sarah Chana
 
Sep 3, 2019 11:37:01   #
JoRae (a regular here)
 
Inspiring. I have to wipe down the camper inside, dust from the weekend. Of course bedding and clothes to wash and putting away all the stuff one takes. I slept well and have great energy today too.
Sep 3, 2019 12:48:15   #
Aisles (a regular here)
 
slowyarn wrote:
Today I was the morning chauffeur, took husband for bloodwork, get broken glasses fixed, return library book, post office to mail letter, bank for shuffling money! Later will help son with yard work and take hubby to doctor appt. Right now doing computer stuff and checking my list twice.
Wish I had your skills with machinery and gardening.


You too have been busy and productive.

I like machinery not keen on electronic and computers though lol

I've been tinkering with mechincial things and with growing things since I was a very little girl.


Well that vegetable suet is out of date and gone a wee bit funny so stew apples with yummie dumpling.
 
Sep 3, 2019 12:51:04   #
Aisles (a regular here)
 
lindseymary wrote:
i am now the same about ladders.One friend,who considers the second step of the step-stool the absolute limit,is great at holding my ladder and standing on the bottom step to steady it.We make a good team.Lindseymary


I'm normally the ladder person in our house it's my job to clean out the gutters up the ladder but after the knee operation I was told no ladders until it's completely healed. I was already bad last week as I went up and down the ladder into the loft. Just don't tell my surgeon. lol
Sep 3, 2019 12:57:47   #
ade (a regular here)
 
Now you’ve got me tired, but I think I can stay up for the apple dumplings. I was never afraid of heights till recently when was on the second step of the step stool reaching up to put some bedding on a high shelf. The stool started to topple and I panicked. I could have dropped the pillows and grabbed the clothes rail, but my brain is not that fast. Fortunately hubby was right there to catch me. Men love being heroes, right?
Sep 3, 2019 15:47:49   #
possumlj
 
I paid 3 overdue bills and went to physical therapy. I deserve a treat!!!
Sep 3, 2019 18:45:46   #
Nanxy (a regular here)
 
Wow, I’m tired, just from reading all the work you ladies have done. My day was real easy compared to all of you. Pt first and then Costco for some really needed items. Lunch and a short, very short nap. Of course I took time to order the TENFORTEN from Lion Brand and I’m getting ready to go as a buddy to a Diabetes Class for a very good friend who is borderline diabetic. And still no knitting, crocheting or quilting.
Page: 1 2 next>>
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.