Knitting Paradise® - Knitting and Crochet Forum
Home | Knitting Digest | Active Topics | Newest Pictures | Search | Login | Register | Help
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
This is not political - it is humanitarian
(?)
If you would like to post a reply, then please login (if you already have an account) or register (if you don't).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 next>>
Sep 4, 2019 15:35:27   #
Medieval Reenactor (a regular here)
 
Study on the mental status of young children separated from parents and kept in custody at the US southern border'

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/459899-government-watchdog-details-severe-trauma-suffered-by-separated-children
 
Sep 4, 2019 15:58:35   #
MarilynKnits (a regular here)
 
It was reported on CBS radio news earlier today also. Those children are probably messed up for life. Not only do they have separation anxiety they are having problems adjusting to being reunited with their families. They will probably never trust anybody again. I won't be around by the time most of them are adults. DH and I are sort of Mr. & Mrs. Methuselah. I don't want to imagine how some of them will act out some day.

I wished I believed in a Hereafter and people getting their just rewards there. The people who visited this horror on those children and their families need to get their just desserts. But I don't think anything will ever punish them enough.
Medieval Reenactor wrote:
Study on the mental status of young children separated from parents and kept in custody at the US southern border'

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/459899-government-watchdog-details-severe-trauma-suffered-by-separated-children
Sep 4, 2019 16:06:03   #
Granny41 (a regular here)
 
Medieval Reenactor wrote:
Study on the mental status of young children separated from parents and kept in custody at the US southern border'

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/459899-government-watchdog-details-severe-trauma-suffered-by-separated-children


Of course it is a humanitarian issue as it is also further evidence of the Trump Administration's crimes Against Humanity . Why there has not been a global outcry against this atrocity escapes me.
Sep 4, 2019 17:18:21   #
fortunate1 (a regular here)
 
Child abuse at its finest! Lock him up!!
Sep 4, 2019 17:30:39   #
Granny41 (a regular here)
 
fortunate1 wrote:
Child abuse at its finest! Lock him up!!


Seems like a case for The International Criminal Court---Quote from their public handbook-- "Is the ICC meant to replace national courts? No. The ICC does not replace national criminal justice systems; rather, it complements them. It can investigate and, where warranted, prosecute and try individuals only if the State concerned does not, cannot or is unwilling genuinely to do so. This might occur where proceedings are unduly delayed or are intended to shield individuals from their criminal responsibility. This is known as the principle of complementarity, under which priority is given to national systems. States retain primary responsibilityfor trying the perpetrators of the most serious of crimes."
Sep 4, 2019 18:58:33   #
Fialka
 
Who is responsible for these children if not their parents ? Would any of you want to leave your children alone in another country by themselves just for "fun of it" ?.. What would you do,- tell the truth,- please !.. I would never leave my dog outside the border,- neither my child (or children) !..
 
Sep 4, 2019 19:28:33   #
MarilynKnits (a regular here)
 
If I were desperate about their safety? Anything, including trusting them to strangers. During WWII British children were evacuated from London which was being bombed nightly and sent to strangers in remote parts of the country in the hope of keeping them safe. Some of them lost their parents during the blitz.

And in Europe Jewish families gave their children to neighbors or even to strangers to pass off as their own to save their lives. Some of those children were the only survivors of their entire biological families.

None of it was just for "the fun of it". It was a last ditch desperate move to save children's lives. So the parents did what they saw as the only responsible thing.

If my grandparents hadn't emigrated to the US in the late 1800s and early 1900s to escape the *pogroms of Eastern Europe I might have been one of those children whose survival depended upon the compassion of strangers.

*Pogroms - murderous mob terrorism and murder of Jewish people because they were Jewish.

Fialka wrote:
Who is responsible for these children if not their parents ? Would any of you want to leave your children alone in another country by themselves just for "fun of it" ?.. What would you do,- tell the truth,- please !.. I would never leave my dog outside the border,- neither my child (or children) !..
Sep 4, 2019 21:05:47   #
books (a regular here)
 
Fialka wrote:
Who is responsible for these children if not their parents ? Would any of you want to leave your children alone in another country by themselves just for "fun of it" ?.. What would you do,- tell the truth,- please !.. I would never leave my dog outside the border,- neither my child (or children) !..


You don't read history, do you?
Sep 4, 2019 21:10:31   #
fortunate1 (a regular here)
 
books wrote:
You don't read history, do you?


History for Dummies.

I am always astounded by how many people do not know anything about history, or if they do they hide it well, behind a mask.

Edited: silly me, I forgot, trump loves him some uneducated people, he said so himself! Now we all know why, and it appears more and more as time goes on. Backing him no matter how stupid he is!
Sep 4, 2019 22:25:17   #
Fialka
 
fortunate1 wrote:
History for Dummies.

I am always astounded by how many people do not know anything about history, or if they do they hide it well, behind a mask.

Edited: silly me, I forgot, trump loves him some uneducated people, he said so himself! Now we all know why, and it appears more and more as time goes on. Backing him no matter how stupid he is!


What it has to do with Trump ?.. You all need to educate yourselves before it will be too late !.. Maybe, it is already late for you,- if you can't see right from wrong !.. I'll pray for you all !..
Sep 5, 2019 01:23:58   #
RookieRetiree (a regular here)
 
Fialka wrote:
What it has to do with Trump ?.. You all need to educate yourselves before it will be too late !.. Maybe, it is already late for you,- if you can't see right from wrong !.. I'll pray for you all !..


Have you read the report in the OP? Do you think that people (yes...Jesus’s children in your vernacular)are being treated according to His teachings?
 
Sep 5, 2019 07:56:03   #
aelfjja46
 
Why was there no outcry when this law was put in effect? Trump did not make the law, it was established before he was in office. Clinton and Obama did the same thing....no outcry then!!! Of course, we will see no answers to defend their actions.
Sep 5, 2019 08:04:59   #
books (a regular here)
 
aelfjja46 wrote:
Why was there no outcry when this law was put in effect? Trump did not make the law, it was established before he was in office. Clinton and Obama did the same thing....no outcry then!!! Of course, we will see no answers to defend their actions.


trump has systematically undone everything that Obama accomplished (or that seems to be his goal, at least) Why hasn't trump bothered to change this? If he is such a good guy, wouldn't a father and grandfather work to change this?
Sep 5, 2019 08:07:47   #
Granny41 (a regular here)
 
MarilynKnits wrote:
If I were desperate about their safety? Anything, including trusting them to strangers. During WWII British children were evacuated from London which was being bombed nightly and sent to strangers in remote parts of the country in the hope of keeping them safe. Some of them lost their parents during the blitz.

And in Europe Jewish families gave their children to neighbors or even to strangers to pass off as their own to save their lives. Some of those children were the only survivors of their entire biological families.

None of it was just for "the fun of it". It was a last ditch desperate move to save children's lives. So the parents did what they saw as the only responsible thing.

If my grandparents hadn't emigrated to the US in the late 1800s and early 1900s to escape the *pogroms of Eastern Europe I might have been one of those children whose survival depended upon the compassion of strangers.

*Pogroms - murderous mob terrorism and murder of Jewish people because they were Jewish.
If I were desperate about their safety? Anything,... (show quote)


Thousands of children were evacuated from the UK to Canada, Australia and the US and many of them were never returned to their homes. Here is an account from one of those children---https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/45/a4903445.shtml
Sep 5, 2019 08:18:21   #
Granny41 (a regular here)
 
aelfjja46 wrote:
Why was there no outcry when this law was put in effect? Trump did not make the law, it was established before he was in office. Clinton and Obama did the same thing....no outcry then!!! Of course, we will see no answers to defend their actions.


That statement is verifiabley false! The law authorizing seperation of children and their parents was the work of Jeff Sessions, Stephen Miller and your president, Donald J Trump. Further there has been opposition to this
draconian law since the outset. It is long since time that you Trump supporters face some uncomfortable truths. You are supporting a monster.

https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/governmental_legislative_work/priorities_policy/immigration/familyseparation/
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 next>>
General Chit-Chat (non-knitting talk)
Home | Latest Digest | Back to Top | All Sections
Contact us | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Copyright
KnittingParadise.com - Forum
Copyright 2004-2016 Knitting Paradise, Inc.