Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday I ordered a membership from Knitalpaca (here in Victoria), which consists of 3 months, where 100g of alpaca yarn is sent to me each month, in my choice of natural colours, and varying yarns. There is also a monthly newsletter and free pattern. This allows you to try their yarns, before deciding which you prefer to purchase. Today the first of my yarn arrived and I am very happy with it. It is exquisitely soft and smooth.

The thing I love about this yarn is that it's 100% Australian grown and produced. All the colours are natural, which means less environmental impact from dyeing. They do also have a yarn which has a small percentage of dyed merino mixed with it, to give it subtle color.

Their yarns are from both the huacaya, and the rarer suri alpacas. The owner is a lovely woman and very helpful. If anyone in Australia (or anywhere else for that matter) is thinking of trying 100% alpaca yarn, I can highly recommend this yarn.

http://www.knitalpaca.com.au

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Reading the description, I think I might be able to wear something made from Alpaca. (I cannot wear wool.) My question is, can something made with Alpaca be hand-washed? Or must it be dry cleaned?

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nancyannin said:
Reading the description, I think I might be able to wear something made from Alpaca. (I cannot wear wool.) My question is, can something made with Alpaca be hand-washed? Or must it be dry cleaned?
It can be hand washed and air dried.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sockit2me said:
No yardages given for yarns.....big mistake.
The yarn in my photo is 50g each ball, with 120 metres per ball. The information was with the yarn when it came, but you're correct that having it on the website would be more helpful.
I'll mention this to the owner and see if she can put the yardages on the website.
Thanks for mentioning it. :sm01:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom