Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Gosh, I get e-mails and catalogs and didn't realize they had a 16" size. I even sent to England for 16" cables to fit my Harmonies. I'll have to pay better attention. You will love them. I do just about all of my hats on the 16" needle. If I have trouble connecting the round, I just knot back an forth a couple of rows and then join.Not that you are having any problem. The color is great and I see that there is a nice pattern as well. Post an "all done" picture....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is their fixed cable needles and the actual needle tips are 3 3/8" long so they give you plenty of room to make the turn. I'm using their "full circle" yarn for this hat and it is cozy.

·
Registered
169 Posts
1cleaner said:
I just received my 16" size 7 needle from Knit picks and can't rave enough. I love using magic loop technique except when doing hats, it drives me crazy to keep turning the cables. I've attached a photo of my progress. I can see I will be buying more so I can use them on sleeves.
Just got two Knitter's Pride interchangeable cables from WEBS that will make a 16" circulars with short needles. I have regular size interchangeable needles - a little over 4" - but the site says that this will make about an 18" circular needle. I compared the cable to one of my fixed cable needles, and it's pretty much the same length. These are black.

So nice to be able to attach any width needle to these to knit hats, etc., even with bulky yarn! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Just received my KnitPicks Harmony 14" circular needles over the weekend, purchased from a monetary birthday gift!!! I got sizes 4 - 8, started with the size 7, LOVE them. They are gorgeous to work with, but to my amazement, I was pleasantly surprised how light weight they are. Now using my second pair, still amazed and glad how smoothly the yarn slides on the stationary cable. Treat yourself, get some!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom