Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the picture of 2 fingerless mittens two thirds completed. The white rings right and left mark the 'thumb gusset' where increases are in progress. When I have 18 stitches between the white markers, I will put them on a seperate bit of yarn and later work in a rib pattern, increased right away to 24 stitches for the thumb. I will work the thumb on 3 DPN. When the gussett is done, I will begin a k2,p2 ribbing till gloves come to top of middle finger, then bind off.

Hope you find this interesting and that it isn't clear as mud

Vickey Stamps

Attachments

· Registered
12,727 Posts
That there is the problem. Do not take on the whole project at one time. When you knit 2-at-a-time you knit one sock at a time then slide it along the cable and knit on the other one. The reward it that when you are done you have both socks done and do not have the other sock to do. Once you try it you will never go back to doing socks on dp needles.
Marris said:
wow :-D looks great!! i just can't get the nerve to try 2 at once of anything being it mittens or socks. seems too much to take on at one time. bravo for you

· Registered
3 Posts
Knitting two at a time is very simple. You just cast on as usual, slide that item along the needle (out of the way), use a new ball of yarn and cast on for the second item. This works great for sleeves, or any item that is a reversal, as it makes it easier to reverse the pattern as you go ~ do it for the right sleeve, move the sleeve out of the way, then reverse for the second sleeve. It also makes sure that you have the same number of rows on the two items, WITHOUT HAVING TO COUNT! You just do them at the same time. I have been doing this for years and find it really "quickens" up the finishing time. Give it a try! The only caution....if you are knitting two heavy items, you arms will get tired!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom