Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to ALL the ladies who filled my private message box with requests for 2 needle sock patterns. Unfortunately my Coats Paton pattern has been modified and re copy written by another company and so please let me direct you to
http://freevintageknitting.com/socks/5722-socks-pattern.html

this is an easy PATTERN done on 2 needles from the JACK FROST book on this website. Although the picture shows a plain stocking stitch sock the pattern is ACTUALLY 6 knit, 2 purl ribbed socks and you can shorten/lengthen the ribbed band and length of foot to suit youself. The seam is centred right the way down the back. The ribs make for a stretchy wide sock if required and dont be put off by how skinny the cast on of 72 stitches looks.. I am wearing them now- warm and comfy .. and i have a size 8/9 wide foot ! There are loads of 2 needle patterns on the FREE VINTAGE KNITTING website.. If you still think it too difficult there are kids and toddlers sock patterns in the same book so why not start with a small pair first -to get the hang of it AND I am here to help if anyone needs it ! Get knitting !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Nana,
I was just looking at the Two-needle socks by Jack Frost pattern on the vintage knitting site and it doesn't include the beginning instructions. It starts with "weaving." I guess you have to sign up for the newsletter, which I did, but can't seem to get the whole knitting pattern. HELP ! I really want this pattern for all size socks, from children's to men's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom