Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the Dr. yesterday for my hip and new X-rays were taken. Well, lo and behold I have a fracture on the outer edge of the hip! Nothing to do about it except back off on some of the exercises and return to using my walker! o_O:cry: I had recently been getting around with a cane only and occasionally without anything (only in the kitchen!). Following that appt shoehorned myself back into my car and my daughter and I went to lunch. All the walking and in and out of the car caused a LOT of pain! So back on the narcotics, icing, and taking it easy. Nope, no driving for me. Crap! I hate to be dependent on others for everything! At least I can reach the pups to hook up their lead lines for their potty breaks. Well, back to knitting and endless games of online Gin Rummy. Throw in a few books too!

· Registered
21,298 Posts
I saw the Dr. yesterday for my hip and new X-rays were taken. Well, lo and behold I have a fracture on the outer edge of the hip! Nothing to do about it except back off on some of the exercises and return to using my walker! o_O:cry: I had recently been getting around with a cane only and occasionally without anything (only in the kitchen!). Following that appt shoehorned myself back into my car and my daughter and I went to lunch. All the walking and in and out of the car caused a LOT of pain! So back on the narcotics, icing, and taking it easy. Nope, no driving for me. Crap! I hate to be dependent on others for everything! At least I can reach the pups to hook up their lead lines for their potty breaks. Well, back to knitting and endless games of online Gin Rummy. Throw in a few books too!
Dang it. Well take it easy and don’t go stir crazy. Hope it heals well.

· Registered
389 Posts
Healing takes time and patience lol. The end goal will be worth it. My hubby had both hips done six months apart. We both had our moments, but, he successfully healed and life was good! Hang in there Stablebummom, you got this.

· Registered
8,119 Posts
What a bummer!!!! I feel for you. I'm also one to rush things. Have learned that many times that only delays things. Lessons that come with "the school of hard knocks".

good luck for your healing and getting off the pain pills without damage.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I'm afraid too much, too soon.
My aunt had a replacement this summer and was so proud of herself telling the physio she was walking around with only her cane, she got a right royal telling off!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top Bottom