Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
How are you doing this tartan plaid? Please share the pattern name or your technique! I LOVE plaid and have been trying to find a pattern with it in it for a knitted blanket. The blackwatch plaid is my favorite.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Your work and patience are amazing

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
LindaH said:
How are you doing this tartan plaid? Please share the pattern name or your technique! I LOVE plaid and have been trying to find a pattern with it in it for a knitted blanket. The blackwatch plaid is my favorite.
I think you knit the whole piece in stripes according to the pattern and colors of the plaid, then weave through the stitches in the other direction to create the plaid. A person would need to use a larger needle for the first part, to leave room for weaving. I know some people crochet plaid rugs that way, and I did a shawl that way once.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All of my tartan rugs have been done in crochet. First you do rows and rows and rows of trebles and then metres and metres of chain. You have to make sure that all trebles are on top of each other to give you a row of straight holes to thread the chains through. (does that make sense)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom