Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry is awhile since I posted, Haven't been too well, but on the mend finally.
I am only able to sit at the puter for very short spurts still, but :) I can knit if I prop my head and neck with a cushion against the back of the chair.
Here is the last strip and 2 narrow bands I joined to the afghan finally today.
starting with the fawn narrow band using the cable patterns Patterns on Jan 24 - Jan 26, the wide strip is lacy patterns Jan 27 - Feb 2 and the pale blue narrow band is a braid stitch Feb 3
As you can see I have gotten behind on the days :) but such is life. One more strip of 50sts wide to finish the centre part of the afghan then will change tack again for next part of 'My design as I go 365 Stitch calendar afghan'

Attachments

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
So glad you are feeling better. No one says it has to be CONSECUTIVE 365 days! The design is coming along beautifully. The connecting strips really add so much. It gives a place to rest the eyes as you go from block to block. The colors are so varied and still look terrific together. It is going to be just stunning..... I really look forward to seeing the finished product. It looks great.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
It's coming along beautifully. It looks like just the right project since you can only knit for a short while. I am glad to hear you are on the mend.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Gorgeous! Glad you are feeling better. Love the strips between blocks, it really adds to the overall beauty. :D :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Glad to hear that you're feeling better, & I feel that knitting is therapeutic.Your creation is absolutely beautiful ! Each spot showcases your talent & creativity. Truly an heirloom one-of-a-kind work of art. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Dreamweaver said:
So glad you are feeling better. No one says it has to be CONSECUTIVE 365 days! The design is coming along beautifully. The connecting strips really add so much. It gives a place to rest the eyes as you go from block to block. The colors are so varied and still look terrific together. It is going to be just stunning..... I really look forward to seeing the finished product. It looks great.
What dreamweaver said :thumbup: I LOVE the connecting strips!

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's so smart of you to assemble a bit at a time, just as you are knitting a bit at a time. That will give you a good sense of progress and satisfaction as you work. Otherwise, imagine how daunting the final assembly would be at the end of the year! (Shudder!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom