Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

· Registered
32,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to this workshop with Chickkie from British Columbia, who will teach you how to knit and felt two great pairs of slippers.
=====================
GUIDELINES FOR THIS WORKSHOP

it is essential that you read these guidelines so you are aware of how the workshop is set up.

===========================
IMPORTANT- PLEASE ALWAYS start reading from the beginning of this workshop, even if you join in late.

This is important as sometimes corrections are made or there are additions to the original information. If you are starting the class, even after the starting date...
make sure you read the workshop from page 1.

Please post I’M IN to join this workshop

#1 – Once you have posted here on this topic, a notification will be sent to you by email each time there is a post to the workshop as long as you are subscribed to our Section. If you are not sure if you are subscribed—click on my profile at the top of any KP page, then click on Sections, then click on Subscribe by the Knitting and Crochet Workshops with Designer1234.

#2 – PLEASE do not post links or other helpful information without pm-ing the teacher first and asking permission. These workshops are set up for the teacher to present her information in a specific way. If class members post additional links or other information, it may conflict with what the teacher is trying to present and can create confusion for the students. This is very important.

#3 – Let the teacher answer any questions that may arise.The teacher’s answer to a specific question may be different from yours. The teacher is volunteering his or her time and it is only courtesy to allow the teacher to provide the answer to questions.

#4 – Please don’t give individual links to the various workshops; we ask that you give only the following link to reach all our topics.

http://www.knittingparadise.com/s-105-1.html

We hope you enjoy our workshops. We strive to keep them readable and the instructions clear and understandable

We will be deleting non-essential posts after a few days, to keep the class material easy to follow for any student visiting the workshop, even after it is closed.

All our closed workshops are kept permanently on the above link for future use by KP members.

Designer123, prismaticr, and nrc1940 – Workshop Monitors.

· Registered
32,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would like to welcome our Teacher Chickkie and those who are going to take this very interesting class.

Meanwhile, please sign 'I'm In' and I will add you to the student count and then will delete your post. Welcome to you all.

Here are PDF downloads of both patterns for your use

Attachments

· Premium Member
57,266 Posts
chickkie said:
don't worry, not everyone will be done immediately. I have to be away from Friday morning till Sunday afternoon too.
That's good. Do you have any of these patterns in smaller sizes for kids? Would like to do some for the grandkids & my niece.

· Registered
32,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ladies- I have beeb surfing the net and if you search for children's felted slippers you will likely find them.

However, I would think it might be an idea to do one of the patterns above to learn the technique- (and then go from there.) I had a ball after the first felting class and have made more hats and other things.

I really am looking forward to joining in this class. Designer

· Registered
32,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All of you are in! I will delete your posts shortly.

Meanwhile I have started my socks! here is a picture -- I am doing the striped pattern but am increasing the ankle length to 3 inches like the other pattern. I agree with Chickkie they are very large so they should felt beautifully. I am using black and red Reynolds lite lopi wool, which was a gift from a friend and I am hoping to make some for all my family members for Christmas. First pair is for me as I always have cold feet from October on!

here is a picture of my start!

Attachments

· Super Moderator
20,881 Posts
GoldenLaugh said:
question I've never knitted socks before & I'm confused as to how these 2 pair will fit my foot size. I've understood that the Fuzzy Feet slipper are "gigantic" pre-felting, & I will fit to my size while felting them? And the Fireside Footies are knit to size while knitting them? Do I cast on the amount of stitches per pattern instructions for both? I wear size 9.
Both pairs of slippers are gigantic and then shrunk to fit. When you felt the slippers you have to watch them carefully and get them out of the washing machine when you think they will fit. I put a plastic bag on my foot and put the wet slipper over the bag to ensure proper fit. If it is too big, felt it some more. If it is too small... you have made a gift!

· Registered
351 Posts
Perhaps these patterns aren't going to work for me because my foot measures 10" BEFORE felting.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom