Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I'm in charge of our school sponsored 4-H knitting club in January and we're looking for yarn...if anyone is interested in clearing out some of their stash or leftover yarn, and is interested n donating it, please pm me! We're looking for chunky and/or worsted weight to make finger-less mitts this time around...(we already have a pattern) Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Have you also thought of contacting local churches - I know they love to receive gifted yarn, but just maybe they'd be willing to donate a bit too. What about local stores that sell yarn, the gift after all would be tax deductible ... just a thought or two.
Yvette

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
Definitely get the word out in your community. Postage is so expensive. People have brought in bags of yarn and left them in the front office of my school, because they heard about our knitting group--some of it really very good quality too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom