Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this pretty color at my LYS. She is a summer only 'specialty' yarn shop, so her prices are a little higher than I usually pay. But I have to go support her now and then.
This ball is only 10 yards where most that I use are 33. Logic tells me that with 1/3 the yarn, I should use 1/3 the stitches, but 2 stitches seemed silly. I tried it with 3 but it looked kind of sparce so I went up to 4 st. It is not quite as full as 6 st I usually do, but it is almost as long. I really didn't want to use 2 balls at $8.00 each for one scarf.
Whatch think?

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just love the yarn! I have used Moda a couple of times, but not this particular type of yarn. I have been using 2 stitches myself with Sashay or Starbella because I like a more narrow scarf. I think this is wonderful!

·
Registered
48,295 Posts
I love your yarn choice! I can feel my stash growing. I like to support LSH also. $8.00 seems expensive for small amount, but the scarf is definitely worth it. LSH has to make a profit to stay in business which is why we support them. Good girl!

·
Registered
42,630 Posts
Your scarf is lovely...so soft and feminine looking. It is a little pricey, but as you said, we have to support our LYS. By using less stitches, it still looks great and the amount of money you spent isn't too much since you didn't have to buy more yarn to finish it. Nice Job!
Edie (EdithAnn) :thumbup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I live the colors in the yarn! And I really like it being sparser than usual, as it gives it an airy feel. One problem I have with these scarves is they feel kind of heavy, but I bet this one doesn't. Love it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom