Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
Interesting article but they did not include the way I learned from Melissa Morgan-Oakes in her TAAT TU sock book. If I remember correctly, she gives credit to someone else for the method and I find it works well and when I've taught others, they liked it also.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I still find the simplest method is to work into a crochet chain. Chain half the stitches, knit a row in the top loops, then one in the bottom loops. Caroline Markey does a demo on YouTube.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Kansas g-ma said:
Interesting article but they did not include the way I learned from Melissa Morgan-Oakes in her TAAT TU sock book. If I remember correctly, she gives credit to someone else for the method and I find it works well and when I've taught others, they liked it also.
Maybe Judy's Magic Cast On?

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
kponsw said:
Maybe Judy's Magic Cast On?

Yes, thank you!! That is the one I use and teach and gives a lovely toe w/o ridges, Kitchener, or anything else that i don't like. I learned with 6 on each needle when finished but have figured out socks fit my feet better with 10 or even 12 on each needle. Try it, you just might like it!

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Kansas g-ma said:
That is the one I use and teach in all my classes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom