Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have seen my previous posts I have received a lot of yarn from KP'er Reyna. I am making 2 sweaters for her Grandson Georgie but it is just too hot to knit at the moment. These little items I can make 1st thing.......I am an early bird & never feel guilty about knitting at 6am!!

There are 2 DK baby short row hats but the 3 preemie size, with the little top knots, are from a single beautiful 50g silky ball of yarn. It is Chinese yarn so I took it to be 4ply and used size 3mm and 3.25mm needles for them. There is a little bit of yarn left but not enough to make a 4th preemie hat.

Wish I had more hours in the day....................

Attachments

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you............I am sure you know yourselves but when you look at those tiny little hats...........................

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
your work is so loving and lovely. Just a thought - - when you have just a scrap like that beautiful yarn it can be a stripe or 2 in a little hat. That way nothing goes to waste. I have a box by my nest of little pieces and when a color looks like a match I stripe it in. It is better if you have enough for 2 rows.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jersgran said:
your work is so loving and lovely. Just a thought - - when you have just a scrap like that beautiful yarn it can be a stripe or 2 in a little hat. That way nothing goes to waste. I have a box by my nest of little pieces and when a color looks like a match I stripe it in. It is better if you have enough for 2 rows.
Thank you ;o)

It will be used for stripes, I made these hats before in a similar yarn and put a couple of stripes in from 'leftovers'.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom