Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this group, so please bear with me while I learn the ropes. I have recently resumed knitting after a 20 year break. Someone mentioned 9 inch circular needles for making socks. Could you tell me the brand and where they can be found? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( A Clover brand for a 9 inch cable and various sizes are now listed on Ebay. They're referred to as Shorty.

Serenity said:
Hi, I am new to this group, so please bear with me while I learn the ropes. I have recently resumed knitting after a 20 year break. Someone mentioned 9 inch circular needles for making socks. Could you tell me the brand and where they can be found? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
The Hiya Hiya brand are the best for knitting socks..the tips are short and the cable is very flexible, clover brand are not nearly as flexible.

I use a size 1.5 or 2 to knit socks. I only go down to dpn's when I get down to the toe decreases.

Just google Hiya Hiya and you will get results for on line shops that carry their needles.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Peggy, 12" is too large for socks. If you will look at the first photograph you will see that this is the cuff of an adult woman's sock on a 9" long circular needle. If you put those stitches on a 12" circular they would be stretched to the point of distortion and impossible to knit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Knit picks and Elann have a great selection of needle sizes and lengths. I knit lace so I have down to 000 9" needles. Ellan especially has the Addi Turbo Lace needles which have great flexible, smooth cables and come in every size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom