Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If I may make an observation. These needles that were recommended above have long 4-5" tips. Making it extremely difficult to knit tiny little socks, etc. I have Clover brand 9" and I know they make 12" also. The tips are about 1 1/2-2" long. Meaning they make a tight tiny circle. Try finding these online, you won't be sorry. I found mine at JoAnns fabric or Michaels and used a 1/2 off coupon, but I know they are available online also.
Good lcuk

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been making baby hats for the special needs babies at a local hospital with a US #6 circular needle on a 16" cable. The tips are about 4 1/2". Have to switch to DPNs (which I am still learning to use) on the last couple rows. I was hoping the smaller 9" or 12" cable would eliminate the DPNs.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
courier770 said:
The Hiya Hiya brand have short tips also I use them for knitting socks and they aren't difficult to work with at all.
Thank you for that info. I thought the only one with tiny tips were the Clover brand. I am happy to hear that because after that 1 time last year that I found them at the store I haven't seen them again, except online.

·
Registered
151 Posts
knit1purl2 said:
I have been making baby hats for the special needs babies at a local hospital with a US #6 circular needle on a 16" cable. The tips are about 4 1/2". Have to switch to DPNs (which I am still learning to use) on the last couple rows. I was hoping the smaller 9" or 12" cable would eliminate the DPNs.
If you use the magic loop technique, you can eliminate the DPNs! (still trying to master it myself ;-) )

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
knit1purl2 said:
I am ordering needles with a total length of 9" and 12". Usually use the wood Harmony but did not have a cable shorter than 24", so am using the Susan Bates alum US #6 with a total lenth of 16".
Check out the Knit Pro line of interchangables. The Symphony are the same as Knit Picks Harmony but there are more options: short tips and more options in cables. They have a 16" length.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom