Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this copy and paste of an e-mail excerpt will be found interesting.

It was taken from an e-mail sent out by a Karen Quinlen (hope I got that name right)

anyway, here it is and do with it as you find right

Today's Featured Article:

I may not be blind, but I can totally appreciate this article featuring Davey Hulse. You see, Mr. Hulse is a blind knitter. He knits by feeling. Once when his wife brought home a wide assortment of abandoned knitting disasters from a thrift store, he could feel the mistakes and understand why the knitters gave up in frustration.

Mr. Hulse used his unique approach to knitting and his experience as a rehab instructor to write a surprisingly easy approach to knitting. Read his inspiring story here:

http://www.suite101.com/content/the-touch-of-yarn-clear-directions-for-new-knitters-a313594

and check out his eBook called The Touch of Yarn:

http://www.lionbrand.com/6030/PictPage/1922244422.html

·
Registered
650 Posts
How wonderful! It never ceases to amaze me the way some can just do whatever they put their minds to. I am flabbergasted to read his story. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kichi said:
How wonderful! It never ceases to amaze me the way some can just do whatever they put their minds to. I am flabbergasted to read his story. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
you are so welcome. When I read about it, I just had to share with my fellow knitters. Just have to really admire a person like that, and than to write a book about it. I only wish I could afford the book. What a soul lifter-upper. HUGS to you and yours

By the way, I wrote a short short short story called Knitter, based on a bible verse that talks of 'being knitted into the womb'. Some don't like that sort of thing or mention of the Lord and I try not to offend. If anyone wants a copy (written at 1:30 this afternoon) they should pm me for a copy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom