Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knitted three rows before I was sure something was wrong. Row 2 had a yarn over but I didn't see any knit 2 tog.'s. It took a lot to finally realize it said to repeat the 4 rows and there was no 4th row!!!
What I'm asking, can anyone help me out and create a 4th row? Where should the knit 2 tog. be? Thanks in advance; I'm sure you can help.

The download has the picture but here is the text
:

Row 1-wrong side-K 2, * p 2, k 2; repeat from * to end.

Row 2-P 2, * k 1, yo, k 1, p 2; repeat from * to end.

Row 3-K 2, * p 3, k 2; repeat from * to end.

Repeat these 4 rows for pat. until 52 rows-about 8 ins. from beg., end on right side with pat. row 4. Bind off in pat.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Found these instructions on the New stitch a day site. It's called a pucker cable, and looks pretty much like your sample.

Intermediate
Cast On:Multiple of 5 sts + 3.

Pattern Instructions
Row 1
(Right Side): *p1, k1 tbl, p1, k2; rep from * to last 3 sts, p1, k1 tbl, p1.

Row 2
k1, p1 tbl, k1, *p2, k1, p1 tbl, k1; rep from * to end.

Row 3
*p1, k1 tbl, p1, k1, yo, k1; rep from *, end p1, k1 tbl, p1.

Row 4
k1, p1 tbl, k1, *p3, k1, p1 tbl, k1; rep from * to end.

Row 5
*p1, k1 tbl, p1, k3, pass the 3rd st on right hand needle over the center 2 sts; rep from *, end p1, k1 tbl, p1.

Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.

Will try to add picture. No guarantees.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
There's a YO on row 2 but there is no matching decrease.... I suspect the missing Row 4 takes care of that but I have no idea how I copied the picture and the info from your download here
Please recheck your pattern.... What book is this from?

Knitting Pattern Square No. 95, Volume 34

Mulitple of 4 plus 2 sts
With size 9 needles cast on 38 sts.

Repeat these 4 rows for pat. until 52 rows-about 8 ins. from beg., end on right side with pat. row 4. Bind off in pat.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
Mulitple of 4 plus 2 sts
With size 9 needles cast on 38 sts.
Row 4-P 2, * k 3, pass first of these 3 sts over next 2 sts, p 2; repeat from * to end.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMGoodness, I was sure I could get help and carry on with this pattern. But how on earth did my copied pattern not have the 4th row and yours did? Thanks to all who worked on this dilemma because I'm back on the track with my charity lapghan. I'll post a picture when it's done. I'm so happy :sm01:

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
iShirl --- If you wouldn't mind.... when you post a picture, could you also show the reverse side.... I love to know what the other side looks like, and this seems like it could be pretty too.

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
knit4ES said:
iShirl --- If you wouldn't mind.... when you post a picture, could you also show the reverse side.... I love to know what the other side looks like, and this seems like it could be pretty too.
I just started a scarf with this pattern. Here's the wrong side, with 4 rows of garter at the beginning, and 2 garter stitches on each edge, as a border.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom