Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my friend Maricucha. She was an alumni of mine 30 years ago. Because of the pandemic, she has decided to stay in a beautiful beach in Peru where the virus hasn't reached. She's just learned how to use Whatsapp to communicate whith her friends and family and through this app, she's been asking me to help her remember how to crochet. She has also sent me pictures of items that she has kept from her time in my class! one of the pieces was destroyed by her dog but the pieces that were left she was able to repurposed into a headband. She has now been able to make a table clothes following a Youtube tutorial and I've subsequently made a tutorial of an angel in granny stitch for her to follow. She has asked me to share her story, of a 82 years old lady with the message that it's never too late to pick up crocheting again. Here is the picture of the table clothes that she made and the angels that I have made a tutorial for her.

Attachments

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
targa416 said:
What a nice story! And I'm loving that top she's wearing in the first photo! Did she make that in your class back when?
Yes, she made that top in my class 30 years ago, It's crazy how she can keep it in very good condition, maybe she didn't use it? I don't know. I love it too, but I remember in that time I didn't have too much magazines to follow so I had to make my own idea.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom