Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this doll chair for quite some time, always planning to "do something" with it one of these days. Today turned out to be the day because it was perfectly gorgeous weather to sit out on the porch where I had moved all my nature materials in a super effort, some months back, to clean out the storage room in the basement. The chair is about 17 inches high, made of now brittle wicker that was broken in several places. I started by covering the broken parts of the chair with moss, added some dried yellow roses at the base of the seat, and then started to build up and out with whatever I had on hand from my collection of dried flowers and weeds. When I decided to put a flat wood circle into the deep moss on the seat it seemed to magically transform into a fairy garden. The "stepping stone", I found, makes a perfect place to display a fairy figurine. Thanks to DH, I have quite a collection of fairies in many shapes and sizes. Here are a few of them....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I love what you've done with it, particularly with the last fairy holding the flower umbrella. If it were a "permanent" place for her to stand, I think I'd "dig" a little spot to set the base down in, so it looks like she's standing on the moss. Lovely creation!

·
Registered
20,062 Posts
Your chair us unique and so creative. It is a wonderful place to display fairies. It would be great for photographing my knit fairies. I passed one up at a yard sale recently. ???? Will snatch one up if I see one again. Great job.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beachgirl1000 said:
This is totally off topic, but I have seen your avatar several times, and I'm intrigued. Is there a story behind it.
My grandson Matthew drew this cat when he had just turned four. He is now 10 - and is very much interested in arts and crafts. I keep it because it still makes me smile!
Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
30,096 Posts
Jeannne said:
My grandson Matthew drew this cat when he had just turned four. He is now 10 - and is very much interested in arts and crafts. I keep it because it still makes me smile!
Thanks for asking!
I am an artist myself, and I can tell you that his drawing is quite advanced for only four! I know you must be proud of him for many reasons!

·
Registered
92 Posts
You have opened a new avenue for me ! I thought I should have a bunch of small plants in my Fairy garden .Now I have a whole new out look ! I love your chair ! Now all I have to do is find smaller chair . lol I'll try to keep up with my imagination in check !

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
busynummies said:
Now all I have to do is find smaller chair . lol I'll try to keep up with my imagination in check !
Make your own chair! I made these; they are about 5 inches high. Just be sure that you use twigs that are dried out or the hot glue won't hold when the wood shrinks. Start with a square for the seat, add four legs all about the same height, add a back and reinforcements where ever needed, and let the chair dry overnight. (The hardest part.) Then start decorating. I call them fairy perches because fairies don't have time to sit. And I don't remove the strands of glue because they look like spider web silk holding everything together! And do NOT keep your imagination in check!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom