Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to know where I can find a similar yarn that is not so pricy. $14 a skein is just too much for me... and for my project I need at least 9 skeins... does anyone in KP know of something similar?

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Have you tried the site DBNY yet? You would be looking for 65% alpaca and 35% silk or something near that. They have great prices on their yarns and I have seen where some people on this site have purchased from them and have been quite pleased.
Good luck !

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Leslie-Look for an alpaca/silk blend, sincle ply with a manufactors suggested gauge of 22 sts-4" on US6 needles. Look at Classic Elite Inca Alpaca-it's 100% alpaca with a suggested gauge of 20 sts+4" on US 7 (you could get gauge with a change of needle size). It sells for around $8-9 a skein. That's just one suggestion. There are lots of quality yarns out there that cost less and would make a good substitute. Look at Knit Picks and see what they have in your gauge range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom