Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone....

i just thought i'd pop in for a minute and say hi. i just found the forum, and i'm excited about doing a little exploring! i've been a crocheter for years and years and am totally addicted. i'm....not such a great? knitter, but i absolutely love it! very soothing, and if i were better at it, i think it would replace crochet as my greatest love. anyway...i have hit a very bumpy spot in my life lately, and have really gotten slack with my needlework. i've had a bit of a spark to pick it back up again, which is a good thing, so i've been cruising the web...and here i am!

so hi **waving** to you all. i'm well mannered, and know how to pick up after myself...i promise not to leave a mess *g*

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hi Starryblu,

Welcome to the forum.
If you need a picker-upper you came to the right place. There are a great group of people on here. You sometimes will even forget about your knitting/crocheting and just sit and read... :-D

Welcome aboard,
Capva

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((( Nice post, Starry! Welcome, also!

Donna Rae
Brandon, Iowa
~~~~~~~
starryblu said:
hello everyone....

i just thought i'd pop in for a minute and say hi. i just found the forum, and i'm excited about doing a little exploring! i've been a crocheter for years and years and am totally addicted. i'm....not such a great? knitter, but i absolutely love it! very soothing, and if i were better at it, i think it would replace crochet as my greatest love. anyway...i have hit a very bumpy spot in my life lately, and have really gotten slack with my needlework. i've had a bit of a spark to pick it back up again, which is a good thing, so i've been cruising the web...and here i am!

so hi **waving** to you all. i'm well mannered, and know how to pick up after myself...i promise not to leave a mess *g*

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks so much to you both, i'm excited to be here! and Donna Rae, i am a transplanted iowan :) tho i don't know where Brandon is. that's a surprise too, 'cos i know lots about iowa.

·
Registered
978 Posts
starryblu said:
hello everyone....

Hi Starryblu

What a great way to introduce yourself. You sound like a really fun person. Lots of great people on the forum, always ready to go the extra mile to help somone

Welcome
Blessings, LCGIRL
Linda (Sebastian-Fla)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi back to you, Linda!! it's great to hear there are helpful people here :) i can get very confuzzled, there are times when it takes a map to get me from the recliner to the kitchen when i head out for popcorn. i'm glad i found this site!! and thanks for what you said...i do love to have fun, and make fun for everyone else!

smiles...

·
Registered
43,279 Posts
Welcome from the UK. I love your crocheted bees. I can crochet a little - mainly squares. Do you have the pattern? Is it easy? My daughters middle name is Bee and I'd love to make her one. Happy knitting - it is good therapy. :D

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum....from Rae in NC. I'm in Winston Salem.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PurpleV said:
Welcome from the UK. I love your crocheted bees. I can crochet a little - mainly squares. Do you have the pattern? Is it easy? My daughters middle name is Bee and I'd love to make her one. Happy knitting - it is good therapy. :D
thanks for the welcome, PurpleV! aren't the bees cute? but uh...*hanging head*....they aren't mine. just a picture that i liked so i stole it. i bet it would be easy to do a search for a crocheted bee pattern tho, and i bet they aren't hard to make.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
redhook said:
Hi, and welcom
hi redhook! nice to meet you!

SailorRae said:
Welcome to the forum....from Rae in NC. I'm in Winston Salem.
hi Rae! nice to meet a neighbor :) you are very close by! i used to drive to Winston all the time. i live in Reidsville, just north of Greensboro.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,
What part of N.C. are you from? It seems that there are a number of us on this forum from N.C.. I'm in the Greenville area. It would be fun for all of us to get together for a knit in if distance and gas prices would cooperate!
I'm Pat aka westies (Ravelry) and read this forum daily but usually lurk.
Happy Knitting
Pat

·
Registered
40,386 Posts
Hello! I'm Tami from Ohio. I'll be, weather permitting, visiting NC the end of the month. We will be going to Wilksboro for Merlefest. Any of you going? Four days of great bluegrass music! And sock knitting! For, of course, I have to have my knitting in my hands! I knit much faster to good music! Are any of you close? And welcome to the forum. I've just recently found it myself.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow, at all us NCers!! Pat and medtrans and Mary, thank you so much for the warm welcome. i live in Reidsville, about 20 minutes north of Greensboro. almost to Virginia actually. i think a get together sounds like wonderful fun!!

smiles~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom