Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my posts no longer say "a regular here". Anyone know what the criteria is? Doesn't seem to be related to number of posts, as some 'regulars' have a small number and others who are not designed 'regulars' have large numbers.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
I never look at that any more. Used to have something to do with your ability to sell on this site, also. Unless you plan to do that, do let it bother you. My designation comes and goes associated with the time I xn spend on reading the posts.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
You must have made 20 posts in the last 14 days. As Crispie said, it is required to be "A regular here" if you want to sell anything. It has no other uses.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for responses. I wasn't concerned, just interested - and didn't know where to look for the guidelines. So when I get that designation it means I am spending too much time on the computer instead of knitting...

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
It does shift .... some people have lots of "posts" meaning they have started topics or made even a brief comment on someone else's.
Admin does prevent anyone from selling on here who is not a "regular".... it helps keep transactions on here a little safer... not someone who joins and sets up a scam and disappears.
In my opinion, it doesn't mean anyone is more valuable than another. I do notice if someone has been around awhile and I can look at their history and see if they make good sense....

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
Fewer postings, made within the established period, don't really mean anything, unless you want that regular status to sell something. I post a lot because I don't get out much. And I can't shut up. I talk to my cats, myself, and monologue to my non-verbal son.

·
Registered
54,245 Posts
Lillyhooch said:
Thanks for responses. I wasn't concerned, just interested - and didn't know where to look for the guidelines. So when I get that designation it means I am spending too much time on the computer instead of knitting...
Maybe- but then again it is less than 2 posts a day so how can that possibly be too much time here on KP :sm02: :sm02: :sm02:
If you are away for a week or two and not getting onto KP you will lose the status for a short while- but it doesn't take me long to get it back again!

·
Registered
161,586 Posts
fergablu2 said:
Fewer postings, made within the established period, don't really mean anything, unless you want that regular status to sell something. I post a lot because I don't get out much. And I can't shut up. I talk to my cats, myself, and monologue to my non-verbal son.
I do a lot of this also, but I am usually taking to myself and the cat. And hubby when he is home. My fingers like to talk a lot! :sm12:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom