Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

another shawl in blue cotton :) isn't blue the most beautiful colour in the world?

I did it at the beginning of summer but didn't show it as I was busy writing and testing the pattern.
Now everything is done and here I am with a new shawl.

It's called Jagienka.
Who was Jagienka, you could ask!

A beautiful, bright girl, full of life and full of energy. A heroine of Henryk Sienkiewicz's novel called 'the Knights of the Black Cross - Krzyzacy'.
If you don't know the book - look for it and read it!!! (I have checked that it's available on Amazon)
The author is a Nobel prize winner and you may know him for his 'Letters from a Journey to America' :sm02:
if interested, you can find a lot of information about him in English in Wikipedia

And the book is excellent! I fully recommend it!

The shawl reminds me a lot of past days when women wore this kind of shawls instead of jackets and coats to keep them warm,
and this feeling of moving back in time inspired me when I was choosing the name :sm01:
Jagienka is a medieval heroine and I'm sure she had this kind of garment!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YarnLady said:
I love the shawl. Is this going to be a KAL, or is the pattern going to be available.

Yarnlady
thanks! the pattern is available - Jagienka on ravelry. I am not going to do a KAL at the moment, maybe later in autumn but definitely not now.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yarnfrog said:
I love it. I've yet to do a shawl, but this one may be the one to inspire me to give it a try. It is absolutely stunning. You're right about the blue. Please let us know how to get the pattern.
Thank you! the pattern is on ravelry - look for Jagienka.
It's one of my favourite shawls so far, I suppose I am a bit old-fashioned and that's the reason :sm02:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom