Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
I yell at my daughter all the time for taking her phone into the bathroom with her.... yes, dropped it in once and still didn't learn. I say that electronics do not mix with water... AND.... do you clean it everytime you take it into the bathroom and out again?! Yuck! Cute photo, though.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I also miss "human contact". I'm waiting for the day ALL electronic gadgets are banned in cars!! I know, "emergencies" amd all that, but I've almost been wrecked so many times from those "things" I can't count them!

·
Registered
685 Posts
With all the technology that we have and newer things appearing almost daily, there are more lonely and depressed people than ever before.

Johnny Cash had a song out years ago. In it he praised the Creation, the beauty in the flowers and in the heavens,etc. and then he said : "But flesh and blood needs flesh and blood, and you're the one I need"....we're programmed to need contact and meaningful conversation with other humans. Without it people tend to become neurotic and even psychotic.

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
Gosh I do believe I am missing eye contact/human contact.And I hate all those gadgets in the car. I remember as a child in the back seat, we looked out the window at LIFE: birds, trees, signs, weather anything. We didn;t have a CD player to entertain us. We kept ourselves busy and entertained. And yes we even talked to each other. We reviewed spelling words, our times tables, history.And we sang songs, told storys. I think life was better. But I understand there is a need for progress. Just too bad we lost so much.
I have a knitting magazine in my "room".
Linda
SharonK1 said:
With all the technology that we have and newer things appearing almost daily, there are more lonely and depressed people than ever before.

Johnny Cash had a song out years ago. In it he praised the Creation, the beauty in the flowers and in the heavens,etc. and then he said : "But flesh and blood needs flesh and blood, and you're the one I need"....we're programmed to need contact and meaningful conversation with other humans. Without it people tend to become neurotic and even psychotic.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
It is a whole different world these days. My 22-month-old grandson was using his mother's I-phone to find and play his games tonight during dinner letting us eat in peace. Kids of today won't know a world without those gadgets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom