Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted my first results under the original topic (which was a really bad topic choice) 3 days ago. After more knitting [fingering wt socks two at a time, toe up)------

The short bamboo needles (Kinki Amibari) are the ones that have produced the best looking stitches, and they are the ones I make the fewest mistakes with. ??? How can that be when my hand and finger joints don't really feel comfortable with them? I don't understand that. I have no idea what is going on? They no longer seem to be actually causing hand discomfort, but the better stitches were happening from the very first when they felt uncomfortable to my hands. Am I just crazier than I thought?

[Note: I found out I mistakenly ordered the KA short needle tips. I thought I was getting their regular length needles. And it looks like there IS a 5.5 inch tip in size 2, so it was my error.]

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
My guess is that because they are uncomfortable, you are more focused on your work as you do each stitch and therefore the tension is more even and the errors fewer.
Would still opt for more comfortable needles.... sore hands and that frustration is no fun.... and I do this for fun.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting idea. That could be it. I'll watch for that. Since my hands might be getting used to them, I think I will persist with them for a while, then do some more with the longer needles, and see what shakes out.
Actually this is turning out to be quite interesting. And that is fun for me, LOL.

I could also order a set of the bamboo longer tips. The two pairs of socks on the longer needles really need to be ripped completely out, luckily still on the toes, but now having seen what the toes should look like, I can't stand the messy ones.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
knit4ES said:
My guess is that because they are uncomfortable, you are more focused on your work as you do each stitch and therefore the tension is more even and the errors fewer.
Would still opt for more comfortable needles.... sore hands and that frustration is no fun.... and I do this for fun.
I just had a thought--could it also be because the bamboo needles are less slippery?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom