Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
KFB means knit in the front AND in the back of a stitch. The result produces an increase of 1 stitch in your work.

I'm pretty sure you can see a demo of this if you look at youtube.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
http://www.vogueknitting.com/pattern_help/how-to/techniques_abbreviations/knitting_abbreviations.aspx

This is an especially nice list (there are others, google 'knitting abbreviations' if this is not what you need)...I find it to be the most comprehensive and it is followed by a list of common knitting terms which is also nice. Go to the link above and then right click on your mouse...print. The list is a bit small so if you want to highlight JUST the columns and then copy into your word processor on a blank page, select all and then move the font size up till you're comfortable with it....then print....either way, you will need to keep with your knitting bag as there will still be times when you need to add an occasional special abbreviation or term to the list.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
amber said:
i picked a pattern for ear warmers someone listed but she did no give the abbreveation for kfb i never saw this before does anyone know ? amber
yardex.com has a listing of knitting abbreviations I have found helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom