Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished this blanket for my stand-by box ready for the next baby whenever.

I made it up of 15 6.5 inch squares with a crochet border to complete it. The patch work blocks are made up of the A,B, and C plus three blocks of each pattern. I used 4mm needles and hook plus 5 x 50g of cotton DK yarn.

The two colour square was actually supposed to be one colour but the new ball was the same colour but a different dye lot, so there is one full square in each colour in the blanket plus the two colour one in that stitch.

Ann

Attachments

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
This will be a welcome gift for the next baby! Lovely.

·
Registered
491 Posts
laurelarts said:
You are so smart to knit in advance....and it is gorgeous!!!
It is lovely!But I must tell you that I have knitted babies shawls and given them to my daughter to store! I am 83years and have twin granddaughters who are both married and aged 26years- no babies yet.So if I pass on before they do start a family,I will have these rugs/shawls for them.However if they do not have offspring these are to be donated to where they are needed.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My SIL had 6 children, each of whom married and had between 2 and 6 children, who in turn have either married or have partners and have children. We lost count of the number of great grands, mostly girls, and remembering names is quite a problem too. We did a family tree for my SIL's 80th Birthday but I don't think it has been up-dated as that was 10 years ago!! Doesn't time fly.

Ann

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom